“Didn't stay in business long”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Theo's Greek Italian Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 263 Restaurants in Florence
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Ordered Spaghetti / Meatballs for me and my spouse ordered the Pork chop. Terrible food--poor quality food. I know why they closed. Could not deliver good Italian food.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

A group of 8 friends tried out Theo's mid-week. The interior has been newly refurbished from the previous restaurant that was there and has a lot of natural light, is casual and comfortable. The menu is about equally split between Greek and Italian offerings with a variety of price points and 6 different entrees were ordered at our table. The food was all served at the same time and no one had to wait on a plate. I ordered the Gyro Platter which I will say tasted good, but was very skimpy on the portions for an entree. It came with a nice side size serving of Greek Salad and then the "platter" had 4 small pita points (well toasted & good tasting) with 7 - count them 7 1" chunks of gyro meat (also full of flavor) with tzatsiki sauce, shredded lettuce, a nice tomato slice. The entree was priced $11 which was certainly affordable but you didn't get much for the money. The Italian Combo Plate, on the other hand, was $16 and loaded with so much food (lasagna, spaghetti, sausages & meatballs) that the two people who ordered it ended up taking home about half of the platter as leftovers. The sausages and meatballs were fantastic and generous in size as was the lasagna and the spaghetti filled the oval plate between. The large, dinner sized, Greek Salad was also generously sized and well covered with toppings for $7. There were several meatless offerings available which would make it a good place to eat with choice for a vegetarian. The food was very good all around at the table and our waiter was very attentive and kept beverage glasses full.

Thank WhichWay?
Reviewed 8 July 2015

While on my way to another restaurant (which turned out to be closed for vacation) I noticed this place sitting on the side and since I was already up for Italian decided to give them a try. I did not realize they were not previously listed.

Having spent the day working in 100+ degree heat I was ready for a cold one. Sorry, no wine or beer. In retrospect I wonder if this is policy or that they have just opened and do not have their licence. I did not get the impression they had just opened when I was there. Anyway, dinner.

I thought I would go simple with a small (I thought it was small) Greek salad and a small margherita pizza. My salad was fresh (the house Greek dressing is excellent) although I searched a while for the olives one expects to be prominent. The pepper was tough although I thought the feta cheese quite good. The pizza crust was a bit chewy and lacked something in the flavour and up to the time I "asked for" Parmesan cheese and red pepper, pretty bland. Still, all in all, I can say I enjoyed my meal. I topped it off with a slice of Baklava and found this fresh and quite good, a bit smallish.

The disappointment came with the check which, considering what I had, seemed a trifle high. Guess their not having adult beverages saved me from being completely outraged, though in all honesty, I knew the cost of each item, excepting desert, from the outset. If they have only just opened perhaps this is their breaking in period. At the moment, I do not find them to be a good value.

Oh yes, my waitress was attentive and pleasant, the water boys kept my glass topped off and things cleared away as needed. I found no issues with the staff.

1  Thank CheshireTurkey