“Best BBQ & Ribs”

Daddy Joe's Beach House Bbq & Grill
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Gaffney
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Local BBQ Joint with a nationally recognized menu" Homemade Soup, Salads and Sandwiches with grate Steaks and Seafood specializing in BBQ, Chicken and Ribs!,, Great for families with outdoor seating and full service Bar!
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

My husband & I ate there Friday, July 31st for supper. The meat just fell off the rib bones & their BBQ sauce was mouth watering delicious. We had Lemon Pepper chicken wings as well and they were perfectly cooked and VERY tasty. Our server was very nice & made us feel welcomed. She checked on us often & kept our glasses of tea filled AND more importantly, she took extra care not to pour Sweet tea into a glass of unsweetened tea. Definitely worth the price & numerous visits.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Stopped here after seeing signs on the highway, nice service and a large menu to select from. The bbq (pork,ribs and chicken) where just ok without much smoke flavor.

Smiley521, Owner at Daddy Joe's Beach House Bbq & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

After several reviews voicing the same type of response concerning the lack of smoke flavor in our Chopped BBQ, Chicken and Ribs, I knew something was wrong. Fifteen years and well over a hundred reviews, this has never been an issue before. You were exactly right! Our evacuator was creating a draft and taking the smoke right of the flume. This must've been going on for weeks because our customer certainly could tell the difference. Thank you for you're honest review. We are now back on track and serving the BBQ that has been recognized in many national publications. Now if we can only get you back to show you what good Southern BBQ is all about!
Please email me at shag7@charter.net so I can send you a gift certificate for your next visit.
I've posted this same response to the few reviews that brought this to our attention. I never thought a poor review could be so helpful. Once again Thank you!
David "Shag" Stepp
Owner Daddy Joe's
shag7@charter.net

Reviewed 30 July 2015

The service was great and the servers were attentive and pleasant; however, the food was horrible. The pulled chicken was literally just unseasoned baked chicken pulled off the bone and sat on a bun with barbecue sauce below. I couldn't get through two bites. The baked beans were alright tasting but cold. My mother ordered the chopped barbecue and only managed to force herself to eat a quarter of the sandwich. It wasn't worth the trip.

David "Shag" Stepp
Owner Daddy Joe's
shag7@charter.net

Reviewed 21 July 2015

A gem of a place in the small town of Gaffney SC. Excellent BBQ, melt in your mouth ribs, tender steaks, the chicken salad is off the hook!!!! Love the Shack Chips and cheese sticks....they are like no other. Friendly staff. Love it!

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

We are in town having maintence on rv at Freightliner. This place is closed on Sundays. Monday evening we arrived at 5 and had delish St Louis rib plates served by KELSEY. She is everything u would want in an employee. Smiling, efficient, got everything right, refilling the tea! We will be back!