“Great Staff!”
Review of El Patron - CLOSED

El Patron
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 April 2016

I thought the food was typical Mexican which is good. No complaints with any of the food. Kudos to the staff for going the extra mile with the salsa. They have a salsa bar with all of them being pretty good. Just not hot enough for me. The Manager just happen to come by and ask what I thought of the salsa, which I told him. He responded, not a problem I can make you up some in the kitchen. He kept his word and was back in a few minutes with a hot salsa that I enjoyed very much. I will go back and recommend you give them a try also!

Reviewed 12 October 2015

The closest to Tex mex you will find in Greenville. From Taco's to tamales the food is terrific. Services all the Mexican beers and plenty of chips. Service -- more than efficient ... very friendly. They make you feel like family .....

Reviewed 19 September 2015

This location is new and the food & service is pretty good. They have a sign out by the street that advertises Free Tea with Lunch. I usually just drink water but my husband and I both ordered tea because it was "free". When we got the bill, we were charged for both teas. I mentioned it to the server and she took it back for correction. When she came back she said we could only get 1 free tea between the two of us. I guess we should have asked for separate checks? I know $2 is not a big deal but it's the principle of the thing!

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I met some friends for lunch at El Patron. The food was good, and the staff friendly, but the speed of service left a little to be desired. I prefer the speed of Speedy Gonzales, not his slow poke cousin, when it comes to service.
I don't think this is the norm for them and will give them another chance. The food was fine we just wanted it faster.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

This place just opened up recently in a local strip center. The interior is nicely decorated with Mexican village scenes painted on the walls, and western style carvings on the wooden booths, in fact it still has the "new car smell." I was already to cut them some slack on food quality/service because it usually takes awhile for a new establishment to shake the kinks out. Well, I didn't need to cut them any slack at all, because everything was excellent. Food, service, ambience, value. This is a new establishment, but they've obviously "done it before."