“Great casual lunch: sandwiches, soup and salad.”
Review of Rainer's

Rainer's
Ranked #45 of 973 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We all enjoyed our selections. The tomato soup was particularly good. Try the cake special on Thursday! One slice filled up 4 of us.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

This spot was recommended to us by a local couple and it did not disappoint. All fresh ingredients and very tasty. The tomato soup was made fresh and served with cream. Our sandwiches were tasty as were those at tables near us.

1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I visited Rainer's a few time and was always impressed. The setting is so comfortable and makes one feel "at home," visiting with friends, listening to the best live music ever. The range of music is wide and varied. Once thought of as a place for Jazz and Blues, has turned into such a diversity of musical talent, one is always pleased with the selection for any given night. Open only Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, the selection varies every weekend. The early set, 6:30 - 8:30 has soft listening music, and then there are two shows starting at 9 pm. The last time I was there, the Mike Frost Band was playing. Let me tell you, the talent I heard that night was off the chart. The female saxophone player was probably the best I have ever heard. If I closed my eyes, I could swear it was Candy Dulfer in the person. Her vocals were equally exquisite. Mike Frost is no slouch with his axe.

The ambiance is perfect, with everything in the room setup to afford the comforts of one's living room or a sophisticated lounge. There is artwork from everywhere, the lighting is just right, and the specialty drinks, handcrafted by Miss Candy herself, are unique, and extremely good. I am a bourbon drinker and their whiskey selection is probably the best in Greenville. There are gems available only there. The owner, Miss Betty, owns the building, and she has operated the cafe next door for almost a decade. She is very involved with the guests, and one can feel the passion she has for the music venue. I sampled some of the bar fare and was very pleased with the quality, flavors, and value. Overall, I consider this location a great spot that everyone who enjoys an "adult" space for eating, drinking, and enjoying the best live music in Greenville, owes it to themselves to stop by for a night of enjoyment.

1  Thank madmax909
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We walked out of our hotel on a Friday night intending to eat at a barbecue place, but the wait was over an hour. We stopped in at a couple of other places and without reservations the wait was way too long as well. So sort of as a last resort, we went into this cafe because there was no wait. And we were SO glad that we did! First, the people were so friendly, and the art work was fascinating, but most importantly the food was great! I had a pear salad that was perfect - - all of the fruit was fresh, the greens were great and the sugar free maple dressing was a pleasant surprise. The person I was with had a pizza with goat cheese and spinach and she made me try it because it was so good. So if you are in the area, I highly recommend dropping in.

1  Thank Crystal B
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We met a local at breakfast who said that Rainer's made one of the best speciality coffees in town so we ventured on up. The latte was good without being great but I am reasonably particular. However, we started chatting with our server and she mentioned the Rainer's Bar had a gospel band performing later that night and that we should come back to check it out...which we did! Well the band was nothing less than sublime and the hummus tasting platter that we enjoyed was up there too. We aren't religious but this was an experience not to be missed! The gospel band plays on only the first Sunday evening of each month and bookings are recommended.