“True cajun delight!”

The Lost Cajun
Ranked #5 of 974 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Limited selection of beer and wine but I got to try a taste of both the white and red “porch” wines. I opted for the Cabernet but both were good. They brought me a chef’s sampler of the gumbos and red beans to try before placing my order. It was all good, seafood gumbo, crawfish ettofee, lobster bisque, chicken and sausage gumbo. I opted for a side order of the red beans and rice with the large seafood platter: catfish, shrimp and oysters (5 each) but you can get a smaller order of 3 each, which I should have done. Portions are huge and value-priced. Great service. Good Cajun music in background. Ambiance is not good for business travelers, more of a cafeteria place, but everything else makes up for that. I got the side of Red beans with upgrade to jambalaya instead of white rice came out first with buttered roll instead of cornbread. Bad form. Meal was served quickly and hot. It was greasy, but what you expect from Cajun fried food. Catfish was so fresh it just crumbled to the touch. It was the star. I upgraded to fried okra with the cole slaw. No shrimp or oyster sauce came with it but they brought some upon request. Not for dieters, but a great pleasure.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was amazing. Steve gave excellent service and food was awesome. As frequent travelers thru Greenville we will be stopping by here on our way through. My boyfriend even mentioned that I complain about anything and every restaurant we go to and I didn't complain once:)

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We are from Louisiana and this is as authentic as it gets! We will definitely be back! The sample plate let’s you try all of their favorites! And the Beignets were DELICIOUS! Nate was our server and he made it a great experience!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We found his place across of our hotel. First time here and we love they give you samples before ordering the food. Portions are huge and service was great. Great place in Greenville

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Who would have thought! A very good Cajun restaurant in the middle of Colorado! We had lobster bisque which was outstanding, oyster po boy, and a seafood combo. Our waitress, Leslie, was a delight. Not fancy, but overall a great experience!