“A hotel close to the i-385”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This hotel is well positionned if you come from Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport and want to spend time in Greenville without suffering traffic jumps as it often occurs in downtown. The hotel is nice but not recent. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Each bedroom is well equipped. The breakfast is always the same but acceptable. the restaurant attached to the hotel is very expensive.

Room Tip: Chose rooms seeing towards the parking
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear claudionauta,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am delighted to know that you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area and enjoyed your stay. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because of the great reviews. When I got into my room there were stains on the bed, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and there were black hairs in the tub. There was also I think a used tissue in my bed. I slept on top of the bed because when checking in I was told it was one of the only rooms left. I cleaned the tub and wore socks all night. I was also where the elevator was and my window was there the lobby was. There was noise all night so I really couldn't sleep well at all. To top it off I was charged twice for my room. Jenna down at the reception desk was terribly rude and didn't even care about the matter. The staff when checking in they were really nice, but the morning staff definitely not. My problems were not solved and I left exhausted and with 2 rooms charged on my account. One from Trip Advisor and one from Crowne Plaza. I will not be coming back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hello Amanda O!

Thanks for bringing your concern to my attention and choosing to stay at our hotel. I'm pleased to know that you a pleasant encounter checking in with our hotel staff. On the other hand, it is disconcerting to learn about the issue with your reservation and the subsequent mishap on your billing. I'm also sorry to read that you weren't able to sleep soundly and there was an issue with the cleanliness of your room. I've reached out to discuss this further, and I look forward to your correspondence. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We came out to Greenville for a cousin's wedding, and stayed here 2 nights. Awesome value for the money we paid. Comfy bed, large room with a fridge. We weren't big fans of the pillows (bring your own), and the bathroom lighting was very poor! But having a Ruth's Chris in the same building was a HUGE plus, and was ultimately the reason I selected the hotel for our stay. The staff was very nice. The breakfast seemed to have a nice selection, but we could never find the wait staff. We went down one morning and were there for 20minutes eating our oatmeal out of coffee cups, before we ever saw someone and were asked "Would like anything else to drink." Oh well.

But all-in-all, I wouldn't mind staying here again...as long as they keep Ruth's Chris ;)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for your review bringing the above items to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Our overall hotel experience was very pleasant. When staying in hotels we look for great showers and a comfortable bed, and they delivered for sure! There are so much to do in the areas including shopping areas, restaurants, and a mall near by with Spartanburg about 15-20 minutes down the road!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg G, Owner at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Greenville. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to our next opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Fantastic location. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Staff was very helpful in giving directions and recommending places. We stayed there because we were going to Clemson graduation and hotels at Clemson were outrageously priced. We made a great choice.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recommendation and taking the time out to share your review. It was a pleasure to have hosted your Greenville SC visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Sincerely,