All reviews ruth's chris front desk great hotel breakfast buffet indoor pool bathroom lighting laundry room hotel bar comfy bed hotel experience rooms are great minute drive great weekend shuttle service southern hospitality staff was very friendly would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

There are now ways to truly explain the high quality of this place, from the moment you walk in the door you are met with helpful kind thoughtful professionals. Rooms are amazing bars on sight are excellent. Ruth Chris steak house on site. You could spend a great weekend here with out ever leaving the building if you are in the area you must give this place a visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for the outstanding review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Greenville. Your review is a pleasure for us to read and we are delighted to learn that the service provided by our associates surpassed your expectations. We are thrilled to share your compliments with our entire team to recognize them for a job well done. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Greenville SC .

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days visiting family and the service was excellent from front desk staff to housekeeping and room service. Everyone was very attentive and friendly. I will stay here again. Just wish the pillows were a bit softer and beds queen size instead of full. Otherwise a great stay!

Stayed: May 2017

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Room was clean and nicely decorated. The mini fridge served us well as we stayed here for the Gallabrae (Greenville, SC) Scottish games at Furman University. The grounds are beautiful and the inside of the hotel is immaculate. Housekeeping was cleaning the lobby constantly, keeping it looking great all day long. Staff was friendly and engaged us every time we walked in the front door, welcoming us. Even when I walked out to the car to get a second suitcase, the receptionist welcomed me back and asked if I needed help with additional bags?
We were offered a free round of drinks in the hotel bar and a free appetizer at Ruth's Chris steakhouse when we checked in. After enjoying the California cabernet sauvignon in the hotel bar, the free appetizer persuaded us to dine at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with out having to leave the hotel. The steak was to die for and the waiter was amazing. Andrew provided free samples of the fried oysters, gave me a free bread pudding for dessert and offered a slice of flourless chocolate cake (to go) for my wife. Could not have been nicer. Plus, the breakfast buffet is from Ruth's Chris as well. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast this morning then headed for home. What a great weekend stay! Can hardly wait for the Scottish Games next year.
They also have a nice fitness center, meeting rooms and banquet facilities if you need them. The indoor pool looks to have been remodeled recently with a nice deck, lounge chairs and easy access to the fitness center.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, clean and quiet. One side faces the highway and the other side faces the Mall so no real view or scenery.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Greenville. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to our next opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This hotel is well positionned if you come from Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport and want to spend time in Greenville without suffering traffic jumps as it often occurs in downtown. The hotel is nice but not recent. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Each bedroom is well equipped. The breakfast is always the same but acceptable. the restaurant attached to the hotel is very expensive.

Room Tip: Chose rooms seeing towards the parking
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear claudionauta,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am delighted to know that you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area and enjoyed your stay. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because of the great reviews. When I got into my room there were stains on the bed, the floor wasn't vacuumed, and there were black hairs in the tub. There was also I think a used tissue in my bed. I slept on top of the bed because when checking in I was told it was one of the only rooms left. I cleaned the tub and wore socks all night. I was also where the elevator was and my window was there the lobby was. There was noise all night so I really couldn't sleep well at all. To top it off I was charged twice for my room. Jenna down at the reception desk was terribly rude and didn't even care about the matter. The staff when checking in they were really nice, but the morning staff definitely not. My problems were not solved and I left exhausted and with 2 rooms charged on my account. One from Trip Advisor and one from Crowne Plaza. I will not be coming back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hello Amanda O!

Thanks for bringing your concern to my attention and choosing to stay at our hotel. I'm pleased to know that you a pleasant encounter checking in with our hotel staff. On the other hand, it is disconcerting to learn about the issue with your reservation and the subsequent mishap on your billing. I'm also sorry to read that you weren't able to sleep soundly and there was an issue with the cleanliness of your room. I've reached out to discuss this further, and I look forward to your correspondence. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Warmest Regards,