“Huge lobby and easy access to Greenville”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The location is great with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse adjoining hotel so that shrimp appetizer and prime-steak are just steps from the room. Hotel lobby is huge with great bar and greeting area so that meeting someone "downstairs" is truly enjoyable. Rooms are great with wonderful beds. Views of the Science Center and areas surround City of Greenville with all the green space is beautiful. Must check out the Strossner's Bakery across the street for afternoon snack. Large parking lot and great shopping nearby, Cabelas, Academy, Costco and nice QT gas station down the street for late night snacks.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels of North side have great views of Downtown Greenville.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Stayed here July 18 - 24 for a sports tournament. Our room wasn't ready by 3:00 pm (check in time) so they put up in a different room. When we got there and started to unpack I found a couple of left over containers in the fridge; both seemed to have been there awhile. I took them to the front desk and the manager on duty was apologetic and said if we needed anything to ask for him. We saw him again about an hour later and he didn't seem to recognize us. Ran into him again later that evening and still no clue.

The next morning we were sleeping in due to the long drive the day before when we were awoke just before 9 am by housekeeping. My daughter answered the door and said we'd be a few minutes which seemed to upset the maid who replied, "So when?" in an irritated tone. We were out of there in less than 10 minutes and saw the maid's cart at the room next to ours, yet we came back that afternoon to find nothing had been touched. Towels on the floor, beds unmade, trash untouched. So what was the rush at 9 am? The room never got done that day.

The next day we were out early and returned again that afternoon. Once again. Nothing was touched. So now we're going on day three and need towels and washcloths. Yes, I know you can reuse them but this is a hotel which is supposed to have maid service plus as I noted, we were here for a sports tournament; athletes need to take showers after practice and so go through towels.

We left again and sometime before we returned they gave us a partial replacement of towels. Didn't touch the beds but did empty the trash. After day three they seemed to get the room every day. Then again we were out by 6 am and didn't return until 9:30 or 10 at night. It wasn't until the last day that they resupplied the hotel soap and the mini shampoo and conditioner. Ya I know, minor but really? They couldn't afford to kick out a small bottle of shampoo when they do the rooms?

Other observations: The room seemed a bit narrow (about a foot) for a US hotel room and the ceiling in the bathroom was low (I'm 5'9" and could almost palm it.) The tub was smallish and the bathroom counter didn't go from wall to wall. There's about a foot gap on either side meaning limited counter space. And there were no hooks or shelves for towels near the tub so you could grab it after a shower. Really the only place accessible was to leave it on the toilet tank.

Speaking of toilet... I had to fix ours since it kept running. The chain was getting caught under the flapper. Easy fix but certainly something that the maid should have noticed. Oh, and the drainage in the bathroom (and toilet) was slow.

Parking could be better but it was ok, but the location is horrible. Trying to get out of the parking lot in the morning takes some time. The hotel is located at a busy corner and you have to turn left out of the lot to get to the main road. In the morning, traffic coming from the left was pretty steady and the cars from the right would often back up from the traffic light past the drive entrance. Someone would usually stop to let you in but we still gave ourselves an extra couple of minutes to get out.

Dining was ok. I ordered a hamburger which was fine but could have been smaller; it was probably 1/2 lb. It also cost around $12. I would have been happy with a 1/4 lbs burger for $6. My daughter ordered the kid's chicken fingers which turned out to be a serving large enough for me. Four big chicken tenders and fries. Again, pricey but it's a hotel.

Overall, our stay was average for a US hotel. Nothing special. Were it not for the terrible maid service I wouldn't even be writing this.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I am extremely disappointed you had such a poor experience during your stay with us , especially the lack of service from our housekeeping team . This is certainly not the service that we want any guest to encounter, nor is it feedback that we hear often. Please accept my sincere apologies. We are in the process of re- staffing and training our new staff members in the housekeeping department which I am sure had a role to play in what you experienced. This should not have happened no matter what the circumstances were as cleanliness of our guest rooms is always a main priority. I have shared your comments with my staff, so that they can work to make improvements. We would certainly like to have the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels ever bring you back to Greenville . Please contact me personally at GGreenawalt@CPGreenville.com to make your reservation and I will ensure you will have a error free and enjoyable stay which is what you should have experienced during your first stay with us . My apologies again

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a basketball team for a tournament and we're pleased with our stay.. rooms were comfortable and clean, and refrigerators in our rooms. The breakfast was hot and a good variety..loved all the fruits as well!
Don't understand why microwaves were in the laundry room but the laundry room was great when we needed to wash uniforms.
Staff was friendly and very attentive to our needs..
Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

What a wonderful stay you had at the Crowne Plaza Greenville! We are pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to many more opportunities to host you and your family on future trips to Greenville.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have stayed at the Hotel on multiple occasions and the Service has been consistently good, the rooms are well equipped and serviced regularly, the aromatherapy sleep kit is a nice novelty, the Hotel has good Wifi and is provided free of charge. The Buffet Breakfast is a good standard and there are items that can ordered seperately at additional cost. The Hotel is well positioned for I-85 and I-385 and Haywood Mall and Downtown Greeneville are relatively close.Woodruff road is a stones throw away and offers any number of Restaurant options.

Room Tip: Floor 6 Iis a designated Quiet floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for sharing your experience. Your kind description as to what one can expect when visiting the Crowne Plaza Greenville is highly appreciated, as were your positive notes about the service staff and our breakfast and great location . I am very proud of our employees and their efforts to extend friendly and professional service to our guests. I was also pleased to read that you found your room very comfortable. Please be assured that we value your time to post your review and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza when your travels bring you back to Greenville.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My 17 year old son and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Greenville for four nights while attending a showcase baseball tournament. The hotel ranked high for almost every category. The biggest issue during our stay was the glacial internet speed that made conducting any work nearly impossible.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. The beds were nice with a good assortment of pillows. The bathroom was spacious. Everything was laid out nicely. In addition to the Ruth Chris Steakhouse on property, the hotel has a tremendous amount of different restaurants within a 5 - 10 minute drive.

As a gold member we were supposed to receive upgraded internet automatically. If we received the upgraded internet than I feel extremely sorry for those relegated to the standard internet. I sincerely believe dial up internet from 20 years ago was faster than what we had in our room. On several occasions I had to go downstairs to the business area to conduct simple tasks such as looking at email or finding a telephone number on a website. I mentioned the problem to the front desk on two occasions. They mentioned several people were complaining and that they were working on the issue.

Again, maybe I am putting too much weight on how bothersome the internet issue. However, when everything else was great this stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We thank you for taking the time to share your 4 star guest experience at the Crowne Plaza Greenville. We were disspointed to learn of your experience with our internet . As a business hotel we certainly understand the importance of fast and error free Wi-FI and as such we have just invested in a new upgraded Wi- Fi package for our guests. We now have 500 MB bandwidth coming into the hotel with 10 access point units per gust room floor . Our signal strength is excellence through out the building. We would certainly invite you back on your next visit to Greenville to experience the hotel's new upgraded Wi-Fi
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Greenville. With gratitude, The Crowne Plaza Greenville Team