“An Amazing Dinner”

Ranked #19 of 285 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offering German and European Cuisine in an intimate setting. Dining at Alfred's is different than other restaurants on the island as our menu has authentic dishes from around the world. We have a varied wine list and offer a full bar. We have been the hidden gem on Hilton Head for 12 years and are now moving into a new era! We have added some outdoor seating to allow for social distancing amongst our indoor tables. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dinner was one of the finest meals I've experienced in my world travels. From being seating to walking out it was just a great time and meal. The food was cooked to perfection, very flavorful with amazing sauce.

The meat was so tender a steak knife was not required.

Have a reservation.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (392)

Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

Awesome, authentic German food at the beach. My wife had the German sampler platter with saurbratten, bratwurst, and snitzel - I had to sample each and they were delicious. I had the potato crusted halibut (yes, they do seafood, too). It was amazing. We finished off with German chocolate cake and apple strudel. We ate way too much, but we'll remember the wonderful tastes for the rest of our lives!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank tim_b_toolman
Reviewed 21 April 2021

My wife and I just returned from a week on Hilton Head Island. We have been coming to Hilton Head on a regular basis for 30+ years. I had read some good reviews on Alfred's so we decided to try it. We had maybe the best meal we've ever had on the island. It's a small restaurant, maybe a dozen tables but the food is outstanding. The owner was our waitress and her husband is the chef. It's an open kitchen so you can see the food being prepared. As soon as it's out of the oven it's put on the bar counter and the waitress brings it right over to you piping hot. The escargot was the best we have ever had (and we order this on a regular basis). My wife had the special fish they were serving and I had the wiener schnitzel. Both were delicious. I highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

Alfred’s is by far the best restaurant on the island because Chef Heath Prosser is undoubtedly the best chef on the island. Chef Prosser is always in the kitchen for their dinner service and oversees every dish to make sure it is up to his standards, which are perfection.
Whether you choose beef (the veal chop is out of this world), fish (the potato crusted halibut is delicious), pork (the pork shank is unbelievable), or one of the many German dishes (the sauerbraten and schnitzels just melt in your mouth) I have tried every one of these and they are all magnificent.
My most recent new dish from the menu was the roasted duck, the outside was crispy and the interior was fork tender and moist, it was amazing.
If you are visiting or a resident do not pass up the opportunity to dine at Alfred’s for the best food and best service on the island.

Reviewed 13 April 2021

Very quiet, small German restaurant. The owners work really hard to give you an enjoyable meal. We went on a Monday night and it was full of customers, inside and outside. Lots of locals

Date of visit: April 2021
Prosshlbj, Owner at Alfred's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2021

Thank you for the 5 stars! We appreciate you taking the time to describe your experience! Please come see us again soon!