Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
US$319
US$287
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$264
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$139
Hampton.com
US$334
Best Western Ocean Breeze Inn(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$504
Travelocity
US$329
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
US$669
Marriott
Marriott's SurfWatch(Hilton Head)
US$649
Marriott
1,039 results
All reviewsdvc memberscast membersbedroom villabeach housedisney worldthe main lodgemarsh viewdisney servicefishing lodgeoak lodgequick service restaurantdisney vacationbig dipperwelcome homegrand villadole whipgolden retriever
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We hit hete on way to WDW, but were unlucky to be here when they were iced over from a freak southern snow storm on Jan 5-8,2018. Not only are they unprepared to deal with the ice covered sidewalks and parking lots, but they seemed to scoff at my advice to assist them. I suggested they purchase kitty-litter to clear the parking lot. It is second-best to ice-melt. I also told them how they could use a garden hoe and flat bladed shovel, but they were disinterested. I saw them using a leaf-blower and a pressure washer!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Brittany, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thanks for sharing your stay with us.

Every now and again it’s nice to take some time out and enjoy a weekend away, especially at places like Hilton Head Island, even when it’s cold and snowy. I’m sorry to read our Cast was so dismissive when you were trying to give helpful advice on how to handle everything icing over. I’ll be sure to share your comments with Resort Leaders so they too are aware of the flippant response from the Cast.

I know it was just a stop on your way to Disney World, but we certainly hope you’ll get another chance to visit Hilton Head Island soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This was our third time staying here but the first time over Christmas. Previous stays were in a studio room, but we tried a 2-bedroom villa this time. It was just wonderful! The villa was so spacious and we loved it. Our view of the marsh was relaxing. It was very quiet and the villa was so clean and fresh. Service was top-notch with extremely friendly and helpful cast members. We encountered one grouchy housekeeper who was irritated that we were in the villa when she wanted to clean, but we tried to get out of her way quickly. There are many activities around the resort and we enjoyed playing table tennis, shuffleboard, corn hole, and pool. Got to see Shadow, the Golden Retriever, too! We enjoyed a visit to the beach house and being able to have the pineapple soft serve outside of the parks was a real treat.

The staff there is incredibly welcoming and eager to help. One cast member in particular, Chrissie (@ the Tide Me Over restaurant), really stood out with her warmth and friendly personality. She brightened every day and we enjoyed talking to her very much.

This was our first trip away from home over Christmas and it was fantastic. Five nights was not enough---we wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tennisfamily13
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

The holidays are about friends and family and to know that you think of our Resort as a second home makes the season all the more bright. Cast Members such as Chrissie exemplify our Disney standards of service and we will be sure that she is recognized for doing so!

While the hustle and bustle of our Theme Park properties is fun and exciting it is nice to be able get the Disney charm (and Dole Whips to boot!) without having to worry about a time crunch for Extra Magic Hours or a Nighttime Spectacular. Unwinding in the low country, with its moss-draped trees and boggy wetlands, is a much needed step into serenity once in a while, especially with a busy family.

I'm so glad that the 2-Bedroom Villa supplied more than enough room for everyone to stretch out and enjoy themselves.

Thank you for spending Christmas with your extended Disney family this year! We're so glad you joined us. I certainly hope that our home away from home just may be your home for the holidays again next year!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights in the middle of December and just fell in love with it. We have 3 children (10, 7, and 4) and it can be challenging to find locations that can keep every age happy, but we all loved this resort. There is so much to do and the location is simply beautiful.

Honestly though, the people who work at this resort are really what make it so special. I have never been so impressed with customer service in all of my life. From the front desk, to the lifeguards, mousekeeping, the people who work at the snack shop and the store - it was very clear that everyone we came in contact with really loved their jobs and they were going out of their way to be exceptional at them. You would constantly see people taking the time to clean little things if they had a spare moment or taking the time to really talk to guests. As a parent, I can't tell you how much this means to me. To be able to take my kids somewhere, on a vacation that we really needed as a family anyway after a very challenging year, and for them to see people really bringing their job to a whole other level of excellence. It went beyond customer service - it was a place full of fantastic role models for my kids - exactly the kind of love, care, attention, and pride that I hope they bring to their careers someday. I'm so grateful that they could have the bonus of being surrounded by this - in addition to an amazing family vacation.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Brittany, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thanks for a charming review of this charming Resort! Having children of multiple ages can be challenging when trying to make sure there are activities for everyone. But with relaxing ocean breezes, cozy nooks, nature trails, and so much outdoor recreation, you will always find something for everyone!

As a Cast Member who takes pride in adding that extra pixie dust in everything I do, it brings me such joy to know the Cast at Hilton Head are doing just the same. Going above and beyond for each and every Guest is what we do, and it has become something all of our visitors know and love! I’m elated you got a chance to show your kids people who truly love what they do and do it to the fullest.

We hope to see you back for another little piece of Carolina charm at this sweet home away from home!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This has been a favorite since 1997 when we joined as DVC owners. We are never disappointed with the rooms, activities, upkeep...etc. What makes this place extra special are the many staff that work the resort.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for being a part of our DVC Family and spending your family's well-earned holiday hours with us throughout the years.

Many of our Guests may not know, but Hilton Head actually fancies themselves the originators of the Disney campfire (though Fort Wilderness may beg to differ)! Hopefully this is something you enjoy with us during your visits.

Our Cast Members cherish our extended family, such as yourselves, and it will be our pleasure to welcome you home next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The resort always feels as comfortable as home and the employees are always so welcoming, friendly and accommodating. We love it! And you will too. Don’t hesitate to make a reservation. It’s wonderful.

As a person who stays at the resort 2-3 times a year, I have two recommendations:

Since there is not daily maid service for DVC members, we need more hooks in the bathrooms to hang towels to dry by the next morning. Several more hooks.

And, please oh please, find a way to extend hot tub hours. Open earlier and stay open later. Even an hour on each end of the day would be a grateful improvement.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sharonAnnapolis
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Janet, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

We always enjoy welcoming home our cherished DVC members, and I thank you for visiting us time and time again! It is our goal to make this feel like your home but without any of those pesky daily routines, and I am pleased to read we have been successful with this.

Thank you for sharing your suggestions; we pride ourselves on hearing our Guests' feedback and implementing solutions when possible as these Resorts are such a significant part of your families. Please know these recommendations have reached the appropriate Leadership teams.

We know it won't be long ‘til we see you again, and we cannot wait!