“Fabulous”

Ranked #40 of 288 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Executive Chef, David Landrigan.
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We had reservations for dinner at a table but when we walked in to the restaurante we decided to eat at the bar. It was SO inviting! The bar atmosphere was very much like dinining at a table . The bourbon cocktails were very unique and delicious ! The wine list was extensive as well. I had the local mahi over wilted greens... OUTSTANDING ! My husband had the blackened catfish over a bed of red rice ... again OUTSTANDING! We shared a side of pimento Mac & Cheese. To die for ! Would definitely go back!!

1  Thank Lisa C
Write a reviewReviews (928)

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Menu was limited and even though they boast about daily catch, etc., the menu and specials were not at all appealing. Bith my husband and i order the hamburger $20+ each. I have never in my whole life bitten into a more awful hamburger. It was full of chunks of hard fat! I couldn't eat it. I figured maybe it was just that one bite, but after the third bite, i quit! Horrible! The fies were very good. It was the only saving grace. Our friends ordered fried green tomatoes and they loved it. I thought they were just ok. I ordered a glass of sparkling and clearly advised the waiter that unless it was really cold, not to bother bring it. Sure enough, he brought me a glass which did not have well chilled bubbly at all. Told him imdidnt want it. He came back later with another glass and asked to taste if it was cold enough. This time it was but the bubbles were gone -- what's sparkling wine without the bubbles? Turns out that to make it cold, he swished the wine in ince and then strained it, thus taking the bubbles away. I decided not to drink it after all. I just couldn't stand the idea of paying for something that had been diluted and wasnt what i had asked for. Further, this is supposed to be "good restaurant," how could the waiter do that to sparkling wine? Seriously? Needless to say, i did not enjoy the experience and will never go there again normrecommend it to anyone. Providing such poor quality ingredients, at such prices and giving themselves airs is outright deceiving and disrespectful. Interestingly enough, the placed was pretty full for a thursday night. Perhaps this restaurant is just not for me.
The service was also very slow.

2  Thank grace c
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The server, Robert, was attentive, knowledgeable and fun.
His interpersonal skills are excellent!
The food was delicious and beautifully presented !
The yellow snapper was excellent and the side vegetables were perfect !
Dessert and press coffee was enjoyed by all!
Don’t miss this restaurant experience

2  Thank eatouts
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We used to love it here. We always try to come when we are in Hilton Head and have always recommended to those who ask where to eat while on the island. Tonight was our first visit since the menu has changed and become more a la carte. I always order the fried chicken because it was always the best. Well, something has happened and the chicken was mediocre, at best. In the past, everyone I was dining with would rave about their meal. Tonight, my husband and our friends joining us all said the meal was “ok”. In addition, prices have increased. We are, unfortunately, going to cross Lucky Rooster off our go to list.

1  Thank 197darylr
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Had a reservation, sat right down. Not too busy. Service was adequate, although we were immediately given a little run down of the chef's resume'. I guess it might matter to some. Wide variety of cocktails, wine and beer available. Ordered a top shelf gin & tonic based on the waitress' recommendation of the home made tonic . Terrible. The fried chicken and the steak were very good. The bacon wrapped trout was not. Completely over cooked. Didn't feel like waiting to send it back. The fried oyster appetizer just ok, as was the side potatoes . The Mac and cheese and the collard greens were excellent. Will probably try again and pass on the trout