“Upscale cuisine that’s family friendly ”

Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
Reserve a table
Wed, 26/01
20:00
Ranked #40 of 286 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Executive Chef, David Landrigan.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I think this was my favorite meal on the island! We had the fried green tomatoes as a starter and they were delicious! I had been holding out for shrimp and grits and Lucky’s was pretty good, only a little sausage in the broth would have made it better! My husband and a friend both ordered the fried chicken, and in my daughters words, “it’s a party in my mouth!” Our other friend ordered the octopus and she said it was good, a little more crispy than she’s used to. The sides were excellent, we ordered the Boursin potatoes and summer squash casserole! Kids meals were reasonable and you could color on the butcher paper on the table! We had reservations for a party of 7 and were seated right away. Great food, good service, the waitress was excellent but never told us her name and half way through the meal i didn’t bother to ask!

1  Thank sjholt22
Write a reviewReviews (930)

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Food was ok at best and staff was extremely pretentious. Worst dinner experience of the week on the island.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We passed by this restaurant and my wife decided to look it up. She saw the reviews and said we have to go there. I am so glad we did. I can’t say enough about the food so I’ll keep it short. OMG!! The best meal we’ve had since coming to Hilton Head. We made reservations for tomorrow. Wait staff and service were friendly and excellent. Don’t miss out on this restaurant.

1  Thank Jerseyites2
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Our family of four visited on a Tuesday night at 8:30 p. You definitely need a reservation as this is a very popular trendy place. The restaurant was packed and it is understandable. I started with a Dark and Stormy cocktail; if you enjoy ginger, this is the cocktail for you. The cocktail and spirits menu is extensive. The deviled eggs are delicious. My sons enjoyed the pimento cheese starter. My entree was the crab and shrimp rice. It was very good but not great. My sons had the ribeye which they said was delicious and worth the high price. Our dessert was the blueberry hoecake which was comparable to blueberry pancakes with ice cream. Yummy .Our server was attentive. There are so many chain restaurants in the area that are probably easier to get in and less pricey but I recommend you stop here for something out of the ordinary .

2  Thank runninggnome
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The food was overall great. Service was very quick and food arrived within 25 minutes. The side dishes were great and almost better than the main dishes. Overall, great experience at Lucky Rooster.

1  Thank 427ilanac