“Not what it was pre covid”

Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
Reserve a table
Thu, 17/06
20:00
Ranked #42 of 285 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Executive Chef, David Landrigan.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointing and not the same post covid. We have been coming to Hilton head Island for a long time and have visited lucky rooster many times. With excellent reviews. Tonight was disappointing. Deviled eggs were salty. Other entrées were super average need a lot of salt. Would not return.

Date of visit: May 2021
Excursion06173838272, Owner at Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bianca-

Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us at Lucky Rooster. I sincerely appreciate your business and am grateful to have had the chance to serve you.

I apologize that your experience did not live up to the expectations that we have created with our other customers post-Covid. My whole team is working so hard in our first few months to create an amazing dining experience and your feedback and critiques will most certainly help us in this effort.

Thank you, again, for everything and we hope to see you again.

David

Write a reviewReviews (917)

Reviewed 8 May 2021

This was a unique restaurant. Updated decor and very trendy. Menu looked very good. The cocktails were excellent that we ordered. The food tasted good and they used some unique flavors. They could improve in the following areas. We arrived for dinner at 7:45pm they were out of mussels for appetizers and they were out of the scallops dinner option. The staff was not trained very well. They were helpful but they weren’t familiar with explaining the menu or working to help guests enjoy their experience and they were quite slow. Hopefully management will work with the staff to better prepare them. All in all the cocktails were great and the food we ordered was good. I can’t say I would rush back here but I think this place could be really great someday.

Date of visit: May 2021
Excursion06173838272, Owner at Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Thank you so much for visiting us and providing your detailed feedback. I know there are so many options to choose from on Hilton Head and I am extremely grateful that you chose us and appreciate the support.

We are working so hard in our first few weeks to get the operation where we want it and continuing to search for and train staff members to ensure a high level hospitality experience. I can assure you we are training our team daily to improve knowledge and service.

We certainly do not intend to sell out of items, and we prep for our expected amounts. We are newly opened, there is no precedent or data on our sales. We are still gathering data to figure out our proper par levels. This will certainly get better over time. The scallops and mussels are very popular items and sold very well on the evening you visited us and I am so sorry we sold out.

We are getting better every day. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you, again, for sharing and we hope to see you soon!

All the best

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Over priced for the portion given. I couldn’t believe the tiny filet mignon with the small little baked potato ($38) And husbands small little pork chop.. we literally had to order fries. Because we were starving. My napkin smelled like dirty laundry... I asked for a refill and of course he forgot.. Go to Longhorn or Applebee’s. Save your money. I gave them 2 stars .. because the food didn’t taste bad.. everything else. Horrible! We went to pomodori first night.Then to old fort pub 2nd night both were amazing! What a disappointment on our last night here. We come to Hilton head yearly. Won’t be back here.

2  Thank 363marisolm
Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

Went with a group. Shared appetizers then had grilled tuna. Great atmosphere Waiters were excellent and chef came out to table. We were last ones in Restaurant. Great time.

Date of visit: April 2021
Excursion06173838272, Owner at Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2021

Thank you so much for choosing Lucky Rooster for your evening and for leaving such a great review of us and our team!

We are working very hard in our first few weeks to build a fun, delicious and relaxed dining experience and it makes us so excited to see reviews like yours that show us we are heading in the right direction.

We are going to continue to get better every day and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

The Lucky Rooster Team

Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

We happened upon this restaurant and what a treat it was! It was my son’s 12th bday and we sat outside on a gorgeous night, got to watch the Yankees game, and had an absolutely delicious meal. We had the scallops, filet, pork chop, and strawberry shortcake. Yum! Servers were very attentive. Apparently they just reopened and I’m sure they will do well. Thank you and good luck to you!

Date of visit: April 2021
Excursion06173838272, Owner at Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us at Lucky Rooster! We are so happy to hear that we were able to give you a memorable experience for your son's birthday.

I will make sure to share this review with our whole team and let them know of job well done! It will certainly make them proud to see their hard work paying off.

Thanks for visiting and truly hope to see you again, soon!

David