“Dont ever judge a book by its cover”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 2 August 2013

From the outside this restaurant is not much to look at. But the food was the best we had on our trip. Definitely the best cheese grits I've ever eaten. Don't forget to get the key lime pie- one of the best

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to right such a nice review! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and like the grits so much. The Key Lime pie is some of the best I had had too. Actually a regular customer of ours suggested to us last year that we should try it, sure enough he was right, and we switched to it!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

If on the Isle of Palms, SC try the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen. My wife and I shared this along with the boiled shrimp and dessert of key lime pie and loved it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to right such a nice review! I am very glad to hear you and our wife enjoyed you meal with us! Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see y'all again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and the food has never disappointed. My last trip here the service could have been better but I think it was because they were running on island time that day. However, the food was worth the wait

Thanks so much for taking the time to right such a nice review! Thanks for frequenting our restaurant. I am very happy to hear you enjoy the food and for the most part the service. Thanks so MUCH!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

They have the best grits in the south. We stayed on IOP had dinner here one evening and breakfast the morning of our departure...fantastic food, not your typical boring menu...very good service, delicious food, not to mention clean bathroom. Definitely going back next year!

Thanks so much for taking the time to right such a nice review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed everything! The grits are good, but I can't say too much cause I don't my Grandmother reading that ours are better than hers...did I say that?

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Really enjoyed this restaurant. We had made reservations and they got a group of 6 in on the same day. They had us in the dinning room which is a little more formal than the bar/outside area, but still generally casual.

We had the calamari and shrimp bisque to start and both were good. Main courses was where the real magic happened. Between us we had various dishes but the Shrimp and Grits were awesome, and the crab cakes were just outstanding. In fact from now on I have a new standard for crab cakes. Which is a shame as i really like crab cakes and this is a very one way to drive. My father in law said the fried oysters were the best he'd ever had. I'm not saying he's a connoisseur but still he's eaten a few over the years.

They have a very solid kids menu with lots of options which my kids worked through happily. It's nice to see that many options as not all the places on the islands are as family friendly.

The dining room lacked a tiny bit of atmosphere, but that was probably just because there were no rowdy groups in! (That is no bad thing!). The building as a whole is great and is filled with character.

Thanks so much for taking the time to right such a nice review! We are so happy to hear yall had such a good time at Acme! The crab cakes are something I personally took action on. I was so tired of going to restaurant after restaurant and being served a bread cake with bits of crab. I took our crab cake and told the Chef that I wanted literally a cake made with mainly fresh lump crab meat. So we found a great company picking their own crabs in North Carolina and decided to not go the route of getting crab meat from Mexico or Thailand! Glad to hear you enjoyed them!