“Delicious!”
Review of Top Dogs

Top Dogs
Ranked #18 of 218 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Description: We are a gourmet hot dog restaurant. We offer homemade toppings made fresh daily. We serve only all beef hot dogs. We also have Brats, Italian Sausage, Wild game sausage, and hand dipped ice cream served many ways, including milkshakes, malts, floats and amazing ice cream sandwiches made with homemade cookies! Family and budget friendly!
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Today my husband and I stopped by for a chocolate shake. So delicious! This family owned restaurant has lots of friendly atmosphere as well as the best dogs in the area. You can have it plain or piled up with lots of condiments. Highly recommend. Your children will love this place.

ladyMellie, Owner at Top Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thank you for the review. So glad you enjoyed your shakes. It is always good to see you and your husband!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I have driven by here many times and wanted to stop in to try. I am not a huge hotdog fan but wanted to give theirs a try. Yummy! Friendly staff and the dogs are larger than normal. Will go back again!

ladyMellie, Owner at Top Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thanks so much for giving us a try! We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Great little hot dog restaurant near downtown Lexington.The four of us all ordered different things and everything was great !!! Decor is like an old diner and adorable.Slaw was delicious and owners very hospitable.Great handy location.

ladyMellie, Owner at Top Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thanks so much for the review! We are so happy you enjoyed your meals. At Top Dogs we want our customers to not only enjoy great food but a great atmosphere as well. We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a place to eat for my day date with my husband and came across this place after reading the reviews and the place lives up to it's excellent reviews. The service was great. They were super nice and friendly and the food was delicious. Their Hawaiian shaved ice is Amazeballs!! I'll definitely be going back.

Milana F, Owner at Top Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

I am so glad you found us on TripAdvisor and decided to try us out! We appreciate your review. I am happy that you liked the Hawaiian Ice. We always tell people, "try it , you'll love it!" We are so glad that you did. Hope to see you and your husband again real soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I didn't expect an experience when we stopped for lunch, Just a hot dog. I got a wild hare sausage with fried onions --USDA inspected. it was awesome ! My wife the pickiest eater in the known universe loved her Hotdog; better than other local dogs. The owners-- Mel and Jason-- were friendly and talked about all of the different kinds of dogs and sausages they serve and were friendly and the place is neat and clean and the décor is nice. Oh - and it has been in the family for years. Most recently the building was rented to a barber ,but their grandparent died so the building again under family management as Top Dogs-- A Lexington Original. Open during the town's icehouse concerts and lunches and late on weekends. Try it You'll like it ! We did and we'll be back.

Milana F, Owner at Top Dogs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

I was so nice talking with you and your wife on Saturday! At Top Dogs, we love getting to know our customers. We want everyone who comes in to feel like family. I love when people try our wild game sausage, and we are happy we satisfied a picky eater. Thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you both real soon!

Been to Top Dogs? Share your experiences!