“Great local place”

Creekside Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 223 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This place is open from 6 am to 2.30 pm ..... they have a great lunch menu and breakfast
Menu ... just a fyi , they serve breakfast all day .... I ordered the special for the day
( pot roast ) it came with 2 side and I must say .... it hit the spot. They do have a good size menu and I love the old building that they are in. My food was hot, and came out
Quickly the staff was friendly .. and yes it was good.,I will be back....

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We were visiting friends who live on Lake Murray, and they took us to Creekside for breakfast. The breakfast menu had something for almost all tastes at reasonable prices. The food was good and the wait staff was friendly.

The eating area was clean, as were the restrooms.

We enjoy searching out interesting restaurant settings, and being located in an old textile mill qualified in this regard.

We will visit these friends again, and I'm sure that this will not be out last meal at the Creekside Restaurant.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I make it a point to visit Creekside when in Lexington to visit family and friends and this is a place that is consistently good. I fell in love with the country fried steak and the chicken and dumplings years ago, and everything on the menu is prepared just right, perfectly seasoned and large portion. The staff is attentive and friendly and always able to give a recommendation. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, this place is a winner. The surroundings are a bit drab, but it's in a historic old mill building that needs a makeover. The locals rave about Creekside, and there's often a Bible study going on, a meeting of government folks or a business group gathering in the meeting area in the back or in one of the large table areas. For breakfast, grab the huge bowl of grits with anything else you order. Lunch specials are terrific with large portions and great value. This place is just simply great Southern food with local charm. When in Lexington, pass up the chain restaurants and eat where the locals go!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We were looking for brunch on a Saturday and came across Creekside. It's in an old mill with beautiful original finishes like exposed brick and old wood beams in the ceilings. Most breakfast meals were between $6-$10 and came with plenty of food. I had seen reviews that mentioned the Rhoten's sausage which I had never heard of so we tried it. Turns out it's made fresh locally in Lexington and it's an onion sausage about the size and shape of a bratwurst and it's delicious! I got the breakfast bowl with grits and bacon and the other three in my group all had pancakes. We were fat and happy without a large bill. Waitress was kind and attentive. Great place to eat.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We had the country fried steak which white gravy which comes with two sides. I had the best fried okra I have had anywhere. Crispy and hot right out of the frier, not like the chain restaurants that pre-cook and keep under a warming device. Extremely good prices too.