“Twist on Mexican ”
Review of Chicora Alley

Chicora Alley
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Mauldin
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Very good chicken burrito with plantains. I don't get rice and beans because they aren't my favorite. I substitute with salad and sweet potato fries. Delicious! The Jamaican me hungry chicken sandwich is a winner too.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Ordered a burger that in the menu stated came on a toasted bun, the bun was ice cold and the patties were about 3 inches in diameter. Decent beer selection though.... I will not return as this is the second time I have wasted my time and money there.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

It was Sunday after church so the place was a bit crowded. It is cozy but neat. Started off badly because chips were really stale. But my wife liked the salsa so she ate them anyway. I had a chicken burrito that was not bad. It had some plaintains and some sauce that was tasty. The rice and beans side dish was, well...it was rice and beans without flavor. My wife likes their mango salsa so we go back occasionally. But I really try to find other Mexican places that are better. Service was good. We had a coupon so I cannot complain about the price.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

FOR WHAT YOU GET TOO E

Did not meet my expectations
Could not wait for it to open
Went several times food ok
But Happy Hour Drinks would have to order a triple
I love a good margarita and did not happen and did not go back

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Stopped in for lunch and was immediately greeted. It was a little noisy and not conducive to being able to chat so we moved outside to their patio area. Much nicer...could hear the birds! Ordered the taco salad and my husband the fish tacos (fried filet) Sauces were excellent and didn't have to pay extra for Quac or Sour Creme. Service for us was swift and Cory our server, was congenial! However we did witness a lady who came in by herself not be waited on for some time. Cory finally tended to her. (He was not the assigned waiter.) A full bar inside, outside corn hole and fire pit and tether ball set up~ if in the area we would go back....

Been to Chicora Alley? Share your experiences!