“NOT SURE I WILL EAT THERE ANY MORE”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Fogata Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 57 Restaurants in Mauldin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 June 2015

I go there once a week and I get the same thing always. Typically I would rate higher, but I was very adamant on what I wanted. The people are very nice and I know they are intelligent people. I am highly allergic to onions and I state that every time. They know me pretty well as a regular. When I got my order something said to check the food and I am glad I did for there were two pretty big pieces of onions on my food, I looked through every piece of the veggies and two was all I found, I don't believe it was an accident, because They had a new waiter from the Simpsonville store location there and I refused to allow him to wait on me because he refused to get what I wanted right. I had gone to the Simpsonville location over the weekend and ended up not getting to eat because he would not get my food right. I am kinda worried that something more could have been wrong with my food, after I cleaned out all the onions, I ate the food and told the waitress about the situation and she said it was the cooks and she will make sure they are more careful next time. I am really nervous about eating there again now. If I had eaten that food without checking, I would be in the hospital and they would have a law suite on their hands. Every other time I have eaten there, the food was outstanding today it was OK. You hear horror stories all the time about restaurant employees doing things to customer's food because they did not like them... God only knows and I pray I don't get sick...

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've been going here for years and it has been slowly going downhill. The food is still decent and the service is always good, but like the last reviewer I don't like being screwed at the cash register for happy hour beer. This has happened the last couple of times and since there are a few other Mexican restaurants in town, I will be going elsewhere from now on.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

You can not even call this Mexican food. Taste like everything is microwaved and that even goes for the steak fajita. Asked for extra onions and it is a $2 up charge. Management sucks and they nickel and dime you whenever you go up to pay the check.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

the price we paid for lunch was not worth the quality of the food. the manager was rude when we pointed out possible discrepancies in the total of the bill, and was nickled and dimed to death over tacos of all things. we will not return.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We eat here every week, and it's our favorite restaurant in Mauldin. No, the food is not gourmet. No, the decor is not elegant. No, the atmosphere is not sophisticated. But if you want good Mexican food at very reasonable prices, this is the place in Mauldin. The service is always courteous and prompt, and the food is always good.

Been to La Fogata Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!