“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great service, cool atmosphere, amazing food. Food definitely lives up to the hype. Grits are the best, crab cakes are incredible. Perfect amount of food.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,022)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were in the area to look for housing for new a new job. Not knowing the area, Pages was recommended as a must see. Very glad we did the food was outstanding.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Page's Okra Grill on a Monday night at 8 p.m. It seemed very busy, but we only waited for 15 minutes for a table. We tried the redneck rolls, the shrimp and crab dip, shrimp and grits, and chicken and waffle. The appetizers were good and came out together. The redneck rolls were fine. I kept describing them as interesting; I'm not sure if I would if I would get them again or not. The shrimp and crab dip was great, but unfortunately the crackers they came with were the same as what I have in my cabinet at home. I would have preferred something a little different. The shrimp and grits were very good, but the sauce was thicker than I expected and I scraped a lot of it off. The chicken and waffles were by far my favorite item and if I could figure out how to make those waffles at home I would be in some serious trouble.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The fried green tomatoes are excellent, as is the fried okra. We ordered two full plates of the tomatoes, which come with a jalapeño jam. Everyone in our party loved them and the okra with pepper ranch. The filet was so-so. Wouldn’t order it again. My kids had big eyes for the dessert counter, and their favorite was the chocolate cake. Picture the huge slice of rich chocolate cake in Matilda.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've been going to Charleston for a number of years and somehow Pages Okra Grill has escaped my radar. It may be because they don't focus on seafood even though they're on Shem Creek in the heart of some of the best seafood restaurants in the area. They are a low country, Southern restaurant that does seafood well but also offers chicken livers, fried chicken, pimiento cheese, gumbo, seafoo, vegetables and other South Carolina dishes with what I like to call a "wow factor of 10"! More than likely, no matter what time you arrive for breakfast, lunch or dinner you will likely be asked to wait but it will be worth it. Service is friendly, prompt and professional. Quite often when you go to busy restaurants you will note many empty tables that aren't cleared yet or yet to be noticed but Pages conquered that issue. As soon as people vacate a table it is attacked and cleared promptly. The food is phenomenal. Every dish I ever ordered was cooked to perfection. If you find yourself in the Charleston area, do yourself a favor and set aside the time to visit Pages Okra Grill. You won't be sorry.