“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Had a daily special, crabcake salad it was delicious especially the dressing. My husband also had a special, the fried cod sandwich which he enjoyed. Loved the newly renovated restaurant... looks great...

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Friends, it hurts my heart to report a disappointing visit to the Seed. Gone are the days of the charming chalk board with the specials. And...gone are the specials!!!!! One "old school special" per night. Want crab cakes? Make plans for Tuesday. Want pork loin? Friday. And Saturday date night out? Roll the dice with "chef's choice". Best be happy with their new limited menu.

1  Thank Kathi T
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Nice remodeling job, and with fewer restuarants Sal Parco is cooking alot! Great food and staff. Great to see them open again!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This has always been one of my favorite restaurants in Mt. Pleasant, SC. When they closed for renovations, I was both sad and happy. Sad to loose a great local place for awhile. But happy that would open again.
We went to dinner there this evening. Boy, were we disappointed!
First, the exterior and interior are very nice looking. But, the booth seats are too low or the table was too high. And the seats were very uncomfortable. We all said we needed to get up after the meal to get the kinks out of our backs.
Then there was the food. The menu is very different than before the renovations. There is a large "Asian" flavor going on. Also, the mashed potatoes tasted boxed, not real mashed potatoes. They used to serve garlic mashed potatoes that were delicious. The pecan chicken was pretty tasteless. The focaccia bread served with olive oil, brought to the table, was very good.
I don't know if my friends and I will return any time soon.

1  Thank MamaK49
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

The Mustard Seed has reopened, and it is as popular as every. Below is our review of the food, followed by two quick warnings.

I decided to visit this place today as I was in the mood for a good salad, and they have a wide variety on offer. I ended up with a chicken and poached pear salad which was really very good, and a small side order of the hand cut fries. My wife ordered a 3 cheese grilled cheese sandwich. We very much enjoyed all of our food. A word about the side of fries. Although they offer two sizes, the small is large enough to split. Our server was very attentive, and the service was quick enough for us.

Now for the warnings:

- The menu on the TripAdvisor page is the one they had before the renovations. It is obsolete, and they have made a lot of changes. If you want to see what the new menu is like, hit the TA link to the website, and that will enable you so see the correct menus.

- They do NOT take reservations, and it gets very busy at lunch. We arrived early, around 11:45, and only a few tables were in use. By 12:15 however, the restaurant was full.