“Great fun!”

and up
Myrtle Beach Improv Comedy Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Carolina Improv Company is located INSIDE the Myrtle Beach Mall at the Uptown Theater with seating for approximately 75 people. It's a very intimate (and small) space and serves beer, wine and soda. Yes, it's a little unconventional but that's what makes it fun (and cheaper than other shows). Our seats are transportable cushioned chairs and sometimes we have to pull out folding chairs when people are begging to see us. The fire marshall lets us have up to 110 people in the space. Since the mall does not provide outdoor signage it could be tricky to find us. The mall anchor is Bass Pro Shop and Uptown is on that end of the mall. For the quickest path to the theater, guests should park at the back of the mall between Bass Pro Shop and Carmike Cinema. Hungry? There are several restaurants at the mall where you can eat before visiting us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have been twice. The first was to a class graduation performance (for $5) and we had a blast. The second was the Naughty List Christmas show. It was adult only. It was funny but not crude. We will be going to a third show this weekend. It is a cheap night out with lots of laughs and in intimate audience. I love that you are not crammed in like sardines like many comedy clubs. I also enjoy getting to meet the performers afterwards. For those that live locally, they do offer improv classes. I hope to do that next year. Keep up the good work Gina and Co!!!

Date of experience: December 2017
CarolinaImprov, Owner at Carolina Improv, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thanks so much!!!! The next class starts Jan. 15. Why wait til next year? :-) - Gina

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"funniest"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I found this place on trip advisor last time I came to Myrtle to visit my fiancé in October. We loved the show so much then that we went to 2 shows this weekend during my next visit and they did not disappoint. Highly recommend for a fun date night! No two shows are the same and the cast are all super talented.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Went with my family to see a show by this company (I got tickets as a Christmas present for our vacation to Myrtle Beach). I could not stop laughing the entire show; the actors are so charismatic, funny, and kind. I’m so glad I not only had the opportunity to watch, but to participate on-stage! Thanks for such a great experience. 5 stars.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Just went to the Naughty Christmas show and laughed till we cried. So much fun and so inexpensive -- two things that are hard to find together at the beach! The audience sets up the show so you could go every night and it would be different. This is truely a gem and a surprising find at the beach! Just a heads up. It is inside a mall so don't freak when your GPS takes you there.

Date of experience: December 2017
CarolinaImprov, Owner at Carolina Improv, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you so much for choosing us! We had so much fun at this show! Come see us again! - Gina