Ocean Lakes Family Campground
US$281
US$259
Hampton.com
US$179
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$295
  • Pool
US$323
Travelocity
US$675
All reviewsgolf cartrec centerconcrete padstravel trailerrv sitesrental housesfifth wheelwater parkbath housefull hookupskids drivingcamp storelaundry matquiet hoursexpress checkcable tvputt putt
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Here for vacation with 2 kids 10 and 12. First impression was it seemed extremely overcrowded, I experienced more traffic in rv park than I did on way from New Jersey. The pool was very crowded almost touching those next to us, all chairs occupied. The golf cart traffic puts pedestrians at risk as most are operated by children playing music and using cell phones. I began planning my departure the day after arriving. I am impressed with the business model being utilized, this place is a cash cow utilizing several outlets for income. I'm just surprised I was lured into this caos.

9  Thank mikeivo
TeammateMPR, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Lakes Family Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We are so sorry your family did not enjoy Ocean Lakes. Like many top summer family vacation destinations July is very busy. We are full of families, lots of activity and “high energy,” not making us dangerous, but we understand it can be overwhelming to some guests. When the kids go back to school our park has an entirely different feel, more mellow and relaxed, even if we are still busy. We hope that each guest finds the “season” that “fits” their family best. Safety is a priority to our team, our 24/7 Security team works hard to remind guests to mindful of others and our policies. Thank you for being impressed by our operations, many guests may not realize that we are family owned and started with 30 sites and 1 bathhouse in 1971. We wish you the best where ever you travel!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed in a rental house for a week in Ocean Shores. This was my third time staying there and my wife has been visiting there her whole life. The complex really does keep getting better and better. The check in process is easy and the houses are well equipped and clean. They have golf carts to rent so you can cruise around the complex and take part in the unique golf cart parade they have by the beach each night. They beaches at the complex can get pretty crowded but are kept pretty clean. There is a small grocery store, concessions stand that serves food all day, and pizza delivery, all with reasonable prices. There is an arcade, mini golf, playgrounds, and a huge water park for the kids and adults. Ocean Lakes is a perfect place for a family vacation and we will surely be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We love Ocean Lakes! I have been vacationing at Ocean Lakes since I was a child and now my husband and daughter have grown to love it too. There is so much to do. We went to ceramics, tie dye, fire truck rides, played bingo and the new water park is awesome and I love cruising in the golf cart every day. They are well staffed in every area and all very friendly and helpful. This is a great place for anyone to stay as they have campsites for you to bring your own camper or you can rent one of the houses. We won't stay anywhere else.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We rented a house with another family. We were within 100 steps from the beach. The beach was very crowded, but we never had difficulty finding a place to sit. It got a bit noisy at times, as the houses are very close together. Lots of golf cart traffic! The pool area was ok.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the campground concrete pad makes things really nice and less sand. In our camper. The sites are pull trough that makes it easy to getting into. Pool and water park was amazing. Sun was shining really hot. Plenty of beach access spots.