US$347
US$230
US$178
US$245
Official Site
Aqua Beach Inn(Myrtle Beach)
US$177
US$128
Hotels.com
Atlantic Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
US$161
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
US$134
US$125
All reviewsgolf cartwater parkrec centerconcrete padstravel trailerrv sitesrental housesfifth wheelkids drivingfull hookupsbath housecamp storelaundry matquiet hoursexpress checkcable tvputt putt
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed in the 2000 section in a 40' 5th wheel. Spots are a little tight and the turn at the end of the lane when leaving your spot with your rig can be really tight depending on the parking of whomever is on the end and the golf cars that are at the beach. Speaking of golf cars, my only real complaint is the children driving the golf cars. Regulations say licensed drivers only but some appeared to be extremely young and don't appeared to be familiar with the rules of the road. Spoke to an employee and was advised that security is aware but has been indifferent. Kids driving one with an adult supervising is one thing but this is different. Pool area nice plenty to do or not do depending on what you want. Camp store well stocked with grocery items and prices weren't out of control. Food from snack bar was always good and staff friendly.

It is crowded, but it's a beach family resort in the summer time.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frank R
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at a different campground in the area and it was nice , but oceanlakes is by the far the nicest campground we have ever stayed at! We can't wait to go back! See you in 2018! If we can wait that long!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Had a wonderful trip at Ocean Lakes. We rented a house with an ocean view. We also rented a golf cart. It was a great clean family vacation. The stores in the campground were very reasonably priced. I loved the pool, lazy river and water activities. The 4.00 tropical ices were so good on a hot day. Once inside there is really no reason to leave the site.

Room Tip: Rent from Ocean Lakes Properties and check-in and out is much faster. If you rent from owners be prepared for a wait.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Here for vacation with 2 kids 10 and 12. First impression was it seemed extremely overcrowded, I experienced more traffic in rv park than I did on way from New Jersey. The pool was very crowded almost touching those next to us, all chairs occupied. The golf cart traffic puts pedestrians at risk as most are operated by children playing music and using cell phones. I began planning my departure the day after arriving. I am impressed with the business model being utilized, this place is a cash cow utilizing several outlets for income. I'm just surprised I was lured into this caos.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank mikeivo
TeammateMPR, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Lakes Family Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We are so sorry your family did not enjoy Ocean Lakes. Like many top summer family vacation destinations July is very busy. We are full of families, lots of activity and “high energy,” not making us dangerous, but we understand it can be overwhelming to some guests. When the kids go back to school our park has an entirely different feel, more mellow and relaxed, even if we are still busy. We hope that each guest finds the “season” that “fits” their family best. Safety is a priority to our team, our 24/7 Security team works hard to remind guests to mindful of others and our policies. Thank you for being impressed by our operations, many guests may not realize that we are family owned and started with 30 sites and 1 bathhouse in 1971. We wish you the best where ever you travel!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed in a rental house for a week in Ocean Shores. This was my third time staying there and my wife has been visiting there her whole life. The complex really does keep getting better and better. The check in process is easy and the houses are well equipped and clean. They have golf carts to rent so you can cruise around the complex and take part in the unique golf cart parade they have by the beach each night. They beaches at the complex can get pretty crowded but are kept pretty clean. There is a small grocery store, concessions stand that serves food all day, and pizza delivery, all with reasonable prices. There is an arcade, mini golf, playgrounds, and a huge water park for the kids and adults. Ocean Lakes is a perfect place for a family vacation and we will surely be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family