We stayed here for the first time. It’s a very large place with. Lot of amenities. It was wonderfully quiet on the beach, which we like. We selected this for our motor home stay, because we love the beach and have a 6 month old puppy who likes to be there with us. Dogs, on a leash, are allowed on the beach, during the day, during the winter months. Not in the summer, which makes sense, as I’m sure this is a very busy beach then.
You can store your motorhome here, very reasonably, if you plan to come back the next month. Probably offsets the price of gas for a trip. The staff was friendly and helpful. The other campers ran the gambit. Some were friendly and some had a snarl. A word to new campers: setting up a site, in the cold and rain, does not necessarily promote marital bliss........A good many golf carts roam the park, so you have to look out for them. We’ll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national award-winning park is known for its amenities, year round activities, and outstanding customer service. Opened in 1971, it is family owned. Ocean Lakes is the 5-time winner of National "RV Park of the Year" by ARVC (2012/2011, 2008/09, 2003-03, 1999 & 1997); received an "A" Grade (2011, 2010, 2009 & 2008) by its guests through GuestRated; and is the 2006 South Carolina Governor’s Cup winner. Located on 310 oceanfront acres, Ocean Lakes Family Campground features 893 campsites (600 with concrete pads) and 300 rental houses (beach houses, park models, etc.) reserved through Ocean Lakes Properties. All campsites are pull-through and generally accommodate 40' campers or larger with slideouts on both sides. Tents are welcome. Campsite rates include: 20-30-50 amp electric, water, sewer, 70-channel cable TV hookup, phone jack with free local calls, wi-fi, picnic table, the number in your family and pet(s), see policies on web. Campsite reservations are made up to 18 months in advance according to site availability and sites are reserved by specific site number. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Lake Family Campground
- Ocean Lakes Campground Myrtle Beach