“Early Bird Menu is fantastic”

Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern
Ranked #69 of 947 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 501 & Carolina Forest Blvd near the Tanger Outlet
Description: If you live and breathe the game of golf, you’re bound to hunger for more than a few birdies. At Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern, you can feast on your passion for the game, as well as great food. Come in and roam from room to room, savoring the rich wood décor and all the memorabilia collected by Sam himself as he made his way into golf history. Then choose from a wide selection of foods grilled only with locally-cured oak that creates our signature, unique flavor. Start with Sam’s appetizers; make your selection from Certified Angus Beef ® brand products, the freshest local seafood, chicken or fall-off-the-bone ribs smoked in-house. Complement all of this with a fine wine, a Slammin’ Sam lager or your favorite cocktail. For the lighter appetite, there’s a wide salad and sandwich selection to be enjoyed at Sam Snead’s Oak Grill & Tavern. Be sure to top your meal with one of our homemade desserts.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Living nearby we frequent this place often and have never been disappointed. We have even used them for our annual Christmas Party. Just a wonderful place. The French Onion Soup is to die for.

1  Thank willyn65

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Although we had excellent service from Mia and my French onion soup was excellent, when I order a medium-rare filet mignon, I expect it to be tender and not overcooked which mine was. Although there were some pink areas inside, I would describe it as closer to medium. Since it was tasty, I decided not to send it back. My wife did like her pasta primavera but found the chicken in it to be somewhat overlooked. Clearly not a first rate kitchen performance which is what I had expected.

1  Thank Stucolco
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I reviewed this restaurant not too long ago when dining with another couple. This time we were a group of 16 who came for dinner after a local theatrical production. My wife was in charge and made the reservations a month in advance. When we arrived, we had a private room set up and Michael was assigned tone our waiter. Everything about our dinner was excellent. There was an early bird menu along with the regular offerings and most in the group ordered from it. Everyone said their food was good. What made the experience so good was Michael. He was friendly, informative, attentive and efficient. Two days ago I had a terrible experience with a waiter at another restaurant and he ruined a good night with his lack of experience and ineptness. What a joy it is to have someone who is at the top of his craft as your server. Michael obviously had help with delivery of food and the kitchen did its part as well.

1  Thank retiree2
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We went here,spur of the moment,and REALLY enjoyed the food we had!! The fish was cooked perfectly,tasted fantastic and refreshing!, Reasonably priced,a Very nice place for great food and atmosphere.

1  Thank Donnie S
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

First off...Cudos to our hostess, Kathy, she was so nice and immediately waited on our request. Our waiter, Sean, was exceptional. He was friendly, fun and perfect in our opinion. I would ask for him every time. The special was liver and onions, always hard to find, and they were trying it on there menu. I truly hope they keep it. It was really great. Lots of it and perfectly cooked. I would stop here next time I'm in the area.