“Wait staff needs trained or fired - esp on a slow night”

Liberty Brewery & Grill
Ranked #174 of 962 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Liberty Brewery & Grill is based on America's rich ethnic cooking styles, complimented by finely hand-crafted beers, tantalizing starters and perfectly seared steaks. We've got something brewing you're sure to like. Liberty is also a celebration of life, family and the pursuit of happiness. So bring us your hungry, your thirsty and fun-loving, we'll send you home refreshed and fulfilled.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Got the worse service the other day - on a Monday - NOBODY there - maybe like 10 people at 3 tables. Each waiter/tress had one table. My waitress took a long time to get out there to take my order. She wasn't aware of the Monday wing special or that Monday is double points for loyalty card holders. LAME.
I got the 50 cent wing special as the HH wing special is almost double!
She brings them and i have no service ware or napkins!?
I had to track down another waitress!
Come on - it's only your job and no one is there - you might want to get a decent tip!?
Maybe that is why they were so slow - honestly - hope that management does better training or they may close up. too much competition to be that lame.
The other thing i had to ask for was wetnaps - they have them- why NOT assume ppl eating wings (or ribs) need them!??!

sigh.

HOWEVER - the wings were cooked near perfect - crispy - needed more sauce IMO. The blue cheese was yummy but only 3 pieces of celery... the blueberry ale was very good too. This is why i come - for the food - but the staff will scare me away!

thanksfordining, General Manager at Liberty Brewery & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for visiting Liberty Brewery & Grill. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review which gives us an opportunity to learn from these mistakes. We will be sure to address each of your comments with our staff to ensure that they know the importance of timely and exceptional service. Thank you again and we hope to have you dine with us again in the future.

Brittany Brownell- Operating Partner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We stopped at Liberty for lunch right off the plane as a mid-point between the airport and our hotel. Being the off-season, our experience may not meet up with yours. There couldn't have been more than a dozen people in this huge restaurant - just how I prefer it, and the reason we travel off-season. The place is full of Americana type decor - lots of wood and stars and stripes. We were seated immediately at a table on the back porch overlooking the lake. Be warned that "water view" in Myrtle Beach does not necessarily mean "ocean view". This view is a manmade pond surrounded by kitschy, touristy watering holes and plastic attractions. Not my personal cup of tea, but I understand it is mobbed during the season. Liberty is all about their own label of beer, so my husband ordered (and enjoyed) the Liberty Oktoberfest. For hard cider drinkers like me, we've got nothing for you. Get on the band wagon, Liberty! I had a club sandwich - taste okay, but bread a little soggy. Two days later my husband has no memory of what he ate, so the food was not memorable. It was a pleasant enough experience, but I wouldn't bother going back.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Located at Broadway at the Beach, Liberty brewery and restaurant has been one of our favorite stops over the 12+ years coming to Myrtle Beach. Our shopping day out and about always includes BATB, and LibertyB&R fills our lunch needs.
Had dinner one time, great prime rib, good fish and chips. Lunches included a varied amount of apps and salads(when the adult kids and granddaughter were with us), to just the two of us enjoying the Prime rib sandwich(French dip). This was the most recent visit, though the bar area was having rain leaks in the ceiling,( maybe condensation from their Beer vats?).
No problem for us.
I enjoyed the lighter selection of their in house brew, while my wife enjoyed the blueberry blond pale, though she did said it did tend to get a little sweeter as she drank it.
Bartender this time around was fun and informative, as well as most of the servers/bartenders we’ve encountered in the past.
Overall a pleasant place to go for lunch, busy place for dinner, and can be somewhat loud in the main dining area,(high ceilings,no absorption soundproofing). Their is a patio out front for dining(check seasonal availability), and lakeside tables inside, which would probably go fast during nice days, on or off season .
Though we haven’t tried everything on the menu, I’ll give Liberty brewery and Restaurant 5 out of 5, with additional credit for their restaurant in Greenville SC next to Fluor Field, in the west end area.
A consortium of different concepts, check out the website for more info.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Brewery & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so thankful your loyal patronage! We can't wait to serve you at any of our Homegrown Hospitality Group locations in the future!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We each got the flight of beer with all 8 of Liberty's in-house brewed beers. All of them were excellent. The porter is one of the best I've ever had, and the Rye and IPA were also over the top. The onion-bacon-cheese dip with crostinis were delicious. I ordered a mushroom gruyere burger and fries, and my wife got the fish and chips platter. The fries are crispy and perfectly fried. My burger was so juicy and flavorful that I didn't care that it was cooked a bit more than I would have liked. The fish and chips provided a hearty portion and perfectly fried as well, and the slaw was also very flavorful. The employees here are very friendly and knowledgeable. I will be back soon.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Brewery & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for choosing Liberty! We are thrilled you enjoyed the house brews, burger, fish & chips and service. We can't wait to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I stopped by here after work and had a blueberry blonde pale. It was very good! The bartender was very friendly and they also had a round of trivia going. I would recommend stopping here.

Thank you for choosing Liberty! We are thrilled you enjoyed the blueberry blonde ale & service. We hope to serve you again soon!