All reviews golf cart camp store pirate land lazy river travel trailer covered picnic ride their bikes splash pool general store putt putt beach access off season beach front mrytle beach arcade cabin laundromat
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Such a great place to hang with family. We always enjoy our visit here. You never have to leave the campgrounds if you don't want to! It's like it's own little town. However, if you like to venture out Myrtle Beach has so much great food and entertainment to offer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
VCarmody, Administrative Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time here with your family! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I feel that I contracted recurring ear infections from pirateland pool waters. I was in both pools, lazy river and splash pool everyday for 14 days straight. During that time I never saw staff perform poolside water tests whatsoever. I frequented these areas all times of the day so I should have seen it done sometime but didn't. I've visited many pools in my lifetime and know it's a standard practice. Since visiting last year, I've been dealing with ear infections up until now which have costed me close to $1000, all out-of-pocket, nonreimbursable either, and they keep on coming back. Never had trouble with my ears until I returned home from this campground resort. I hope they've stepped up in this practice of testing their own facility water; I have yet to report this to Myrtle Beach's county local health department. I want to know if other campers' have experienced the same issue.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
VCarmody, Administrative Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

All pools are clean every day before opening at 10am. The water is tested, generally from the filter room, at least three times per day. It is certainly possible that you were at the pool everyday, all day long, and would not have seen the water being tested in the filter room. Our pools are also checked by South Carolina DHEC frequently. We hope you find resolution to your on going ear infection.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Campground very clean and we'll organized but NOT a family campground.Security profiles teenagers and will harass them and even witnessed an officer yell at 4 year old for being in hot tub instead of explaining rules to the mother. I'M A security officer in Tn. And would NEVER act in the manner as pirateland guards do. Unprofessional,rude and try to intimidate paying quest. NO this isn't a place to stay if you have teenagers or children.Rules are hard sometimes and need to be enforced but there is a professional way to do it.Wont be staying here again and I don't have children.

1  Thank eddiesells36

We are sorry to hear about your encounter with our patrol staff. We expect all employees to maintain a pleasant attitude even when enforcing rules or encountering difficult situations. As you can see from other reviews here, many families do enjoy their vacations here, and some have for many years and different generations. We hope you'll reconsider returning.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

First, for the good things. Splash pad, swimming pool , lazy river, and the beach. All of these areas were clean and well maintained. I wish I could say the same about the restrooms and the shower house. Not very clean and run down. The one nearest to us definitely needed to be upgraded. When the campground is busy the restrooms should be attended to at least every 3 hours. Also, the grass on our site had not been trimmed for quite some time. It was over a foot tall in places. I realize that real estate along the ocean is at a premium, but the campsites are pretty tight to say the least. Prices for extras can get to be pricey. Close to $8 for 2 small ice cream cones. A half gallon of milk was almost $4. Save some money and go across the street to Wal-Mart. Overall, an OK experience, but I have stayed at much nicer campgrounds than this for less money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
VCarmody, Administrative Manager at Pirateland Oceanfront Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay. It’s great to hear you enjoyed many of our amenities. We are in the process of remodeling all of our bathhouses and have completed 4 out of 9. Our goal is to remodel 2 each off season until all are complete. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

First, I'll give the one good thing which is the splash pad. It was great and the kids loved it.

Now for the rest which is pretty much all bad. This place is overcrowded to the point you can barely move and there are golf carts running all over the place.

Also, the customer service is the worst I've ever seen. There was a nasty thunderstorm which blew off the air vent over the bathroom. We called maintenance who showed up close to an hour afterwards and they proceeded to tell us they would not help nor would they let us use a ladder to patch the hole ourselves. Keep inind there were 6 children and 4 of them were under 6 years of age.

The only thing that they did was provide us a card with a 24 hour RV repair and service shop.

So we have 6 kids in a flooded RV and we end up having to pull the truck as close as we can and standing on top of it to try and repair the hole.

This is unacceptable and we will not be back and will let everyone else know not to go there either.

1  Thank Kenny C

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback. In the summer the park is generally full and very busy. Our campground maintenance cannot loan tools or work on camper repairs because of liability. I’m sorry that we couldn’t do more to help with your flooded RV. We do not have an in house RV repair service but we do have lists of mobile RV services available for guests. We hope you will reconsider giving us another try, perhaps when the campground is less busy.