“Nice hotel, crappy area”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #34 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Nice hotel, crappy area”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I would like to first say that it is NOT the hotel that I disliked. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was extremely clean and spacious. It had a kitchen and spacious living area. It was a great hotel. Unfortunately, I am used to staying in North Myrtle Beach and this was NOT like that at all. The last time I stayed in Myrtle Beach, I was apparently a lot younger and didn't realize how incredibly trashy that area is. It was loud and seemed to be filled with a lot of...well, not very family oriented people. I would say that if you want to go to the beach to get drunk and loud, this is definitely the area for you, otherwise stick to North Myrtle. I went with two kids and would never do it again. -- Again, I wish the hotel itself were in North Myrtle because it was really nice and it would probably be my favorite hotel. Too bad :(

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna T
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Anna N,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to post a review on your recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and I would like to thank you for all of the kind words you had for our resort and our staff and I am pleased to see that they were able to make your visit with us as comfortable as possible. I would like to apologize though, for the experience you had with the surrounding area. I do know that the upcoming months will be spring break for a lot of colleges in the surrounding areas and of course will get busier as we get into the spring and eventually the summer months. Of course we do have security on staff 24/7 and we have a zero tolerance policy for un-accompanied minors, unfortunately though we cannot control the crowds that come down to the surrounding area, but we do our very best to make sure all of our guests and their families are able to enjoy our facilities without any worries. I do hope that we will be able to win your business back and if there is any way we can sway your decision on returning, please contact me at the resort and my staff and I will certainly do our best to show you and your family a truly relaxing and worry-free vacation. Thank you again for your review and your feedback and I do hope to have you and your family with us again in the future.

Most respectfully,

Tom Emmert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel property is awesome and the staff was incredibly friendly and informative. I will definitely stay here when I am visiting Myrtle Beach. The property has numerous indoor pools and it is right on the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear TomrUsa,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and I am delighted to see that our staff was able to assist you with any questions you may have had during your visit with us. Thank you again for your kind words and my staff and I are looking forward to serving you and your family as our guests again in the future.

Most respectfully,

Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

You wont be disappointed in this property. The location is the best, close to all the fun things the beach has to offer. The accomodations are amazing, we have been staying here since they opened and have always had a wonderful time. The staff are very friendly,helpful,proffesional people. They are always willing to help you in any way possible during your stay. Our kids love the pool area and starbucks is wonderful for the teenagers in your family, great , safe location for them to "ditch" the parents for awhile and enjoy wifi and a great cup of joe. We were there 6 times last year and have already stayed 2 times this year. As soon as we returned home we booked again in April for my husbands birthday weekend. Cant seem to stay away! If you try it you will not be disappointed I promise.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Caseydnva
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Caseydnva,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on Bay View resort and I would like to personally thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel, its customers like you that keep us going and I cannot thank you enough. I am very happy to see that you and your family continue to enjoy our resort and I am looking forward to having you all with us again for your husband's upcoming birthday. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and yours and from our family to yours, we would like to wish you a safe and happy spring season and we cannot wait to you all with us again soon!

Warmest regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the this hotel for our annual girls' trip to Myrtle Beach. Check-in was fast and friendly. The gentlemen who man the baggage/check-in area were exceptionally friendly and helpful (in particular, Tracy) and were quick to help with a luggage trolley, hold the elevator, etc. Having Starbucks right inside the hotel was very nice. The secure parking garage is directly across from the hotel and is accessed using your room key. Unlike a lot of hotels that assure you of a place in the parking garage and then you have to park blocks over in some overflow lot, this is a large garage with plenty of parking spaces suitable for SUV's. I read the reviews about having to pass between 'shady' hotels to get to the parking garage from the hotel, but it is VERY well lit and even arriving back at the hotel late at night and as a woman walking alone, I didn't feel unsafe at all. On Sunday when we left it was raining, and a gentleman from the hotel driving an extended-seating golf cart drove me over to the parking garage so I stayed dry (very appreciated!). While we didn't use the indoor pool area, it appeared very clean and well kept. With 3 elevators off of the main entrance, we didn't wait more than a minute or so for an elevator. The room (2 BR oceanfront King E) was HUGE. It had a nice sized kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, stove), dining area that sat 6 at a nice table and a large living room with a flat screen TV. Each bedroom had a nice TV in it and both rooms were clean. The oceanfront balconies (one off of the living room and a separate balcony off of the bedroom) were clean and spacious and gave a great view of the ocean. The gym area, with several pieces of cardio equipment, was clean and neat. Bathrooms were clean with many towels, etc. and the vanities were roomy. Both nights we stayed were quiet - there was no yelling or stomping through the hallways that you sometimes get even at the luxury hotels in MB, we couldn't hear anyone beside us or above us (even when UNC delivered the beat-down to Duke!), it was very peaceful. The hotel is right off of the well-landscaped boardwalk area and if it hadn't rained the entire time we were there, it would have made for a nice stroll. Conveniently located about half- way between the 2 Tanger Outlets and minutes from Broadway at the Beach. We very much enjoyed our stay and will definitely check out Bay View the next time we head to MB.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ASeeOrdle
Dear ASeeOrdle,

I cannot thank you enough for all of the kind words you had for Bay View resort and I am very happy to see that you and your party had enjoyed your girl's getaway vacation with us here in Myrtle Beach. I will be sure to let the bell staff know, particularly Tracy, that their help was greatly appreciated and you all felt right at home during your time spent with us. I am also very happy to hear that you did not have any issues with the parking garage and that you had felt safe with the walk to and from the facility. OF course we do have security on staff 24/7 and they are more than willing to escort guests to and from the garage if they wish and the front desk is more than happy to set this up for our customers. Indeed our 2 bedroom condos offer all the amenities of home and are have plenty of space for a family or mid-size group and I will be more than happy to let housekeeping know that their hard work in preparing the room for you and your group had not gone unnoticed. Thank you so much for all the great things you had to say for our resort and our staff and we are all looking forward to serving you and your party as our guests again in the future. Go UNC!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Took my wife to Myrtle Beach as a surprise for her 40th birthday. I had never been there before. We stayed at Bay View Resort and had a great experience! The room was perfect. The view of the ocean was spectacular! I was impressed with the speed of the staff on check in and check out. Great location and right in the middle of everything. You want to walk on the beautiful boardwalk... Bam there it is right out back. You want Starbucks coffee.. It's there. You want a great breakfast... MOMMAS place is right across the street. We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and when we visit again this is where we will be staying!

• Stayed March 2012
Dear lazetteg,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on our resort and I would also like to thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination for such a special occasion. I am very happy to see that you both had enjoyed your time spent with us and that our staff was able to make her birthday getaway one to remember. I am also delighted to see that you and your wife were able to take advantage of our fantastic location in the Myrtle Beach area as well as the dining right around the hotel and of course who doesn't like a great cup of coffee to start their day off! Thank you again for your wonderful review on Bay View resort and my staff and I are looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon!

Best wishes,