“Great or grimy depends on owner of condo”
Review of Ocean Forest Plaza

Ocean Forest Plaza
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The first condo was terrible (2103). Old, dirty, syrup on the carpet, soap scum in the tub, loose elements on the stove, only 2 working light bulbs, squeaky mattresses and plaster literally falling from the ceiling onto our heads. When we complained, we were moved to 1601. The reception staff did not at any point offer an apology for the condition of the room or the inconvenience of needing to relocate. 1601 was CLEAN, updated and very comfortable. Completely depends on who owns the condo as to the condition it will be in. The public areas (pool, spa, etc) were very nice.

Room Tip: I was told that you could request a specific condo, but there was no guarantee you would get it.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Don't know what to say except for the truth behind my experience. First off, check-in wasn't even on the property. Check-in was about a 10 min drive down the road. When we got to the hotel, parking was very tight. Check-in and parking didn't really bother me as much. But when we got to our room, the room did look as if it has been clean. But upon looking even more, sheets on the bed were dirty and the sheet on the sofa bed was dirty. Plus all appliances in the room looked very dated. Both of the TV's look like old TV's from the 90's. The tv in our bedroom wasn't even working. When we went to bed, we turned on the AC, AC wasn't even working. The next day, I had called to get the AC checked and to request some fresh towels. That is when I realized the phones in my room were not even working. My wife and son went to the beach while I waited for maintenance and housekeeping. Within the 1st hour nobody had showed up and I called housekeeping 3 times in the 1st hour. Still nobody showed up so I had called the Ocean's Dune property, where we checked in, and they said they will have housekeeping bring us some towels. Two hours after I called maintenance finally showed up to fix my AC, but still no housekeeping and no towels. So I wasted 3 hours of my vacation waiting on maintenance and housekeeping. I gave up on housekeeping and went out. Even upon my return 8 hours later, still no towels!! Upon checkout, I spoke the manager, and told him the situation. He had told me that they DO NOT provide pool towels. It stated clearly on my confirmation "POOL TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR POOL USE" He did not have anything further to say to me. All he could do was keep saying I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Well I'm the one who is sorry for wasting my weekend with them. There is NO CHANCE at all I will ever be staying with them again. Like I said, they cant even pay me to go stay with them again. And I was being nice with a 1 star rating only cause they will not let me put half a star!! TERRIBLE!!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank TLor828
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We stayed here for spring break 2016 (March 19-26) and found it was in the perfect location. This condo unit is located in the Garden District of Myrtle Beach. Very close to grocery store and just a short 5 min. drive to the boardwalk. They do have bus service in-season. The resort was lovely and kept our boys (10 & 11yrs. old) occupied. The indoor pool could use a few more chairs. Good size pool with a hot tub on the side. The out door pool was open too. There's a cement wall around the entire pool that block wind. Needless to say it was kite flying weather in March on the beach.

The beach was just across the street. The Ocean Forest has its own wooden walk way with benches along the pathway and a shower & foot faucet station to clean up at.

The condo it self was stocked with every small appliance you could imagine. And an ice maker to boot! The furniture looked fairly new and was comfortable. Same with the beds and bedding. I would say the only thing I would add is a washer & dryer. Vacationing with 2 young boys you definitely need that appliance. They did however have 2 laundry room in the building but they closed @ 10pm. So I brought a lot of laundry home with us.

I would definitely vacation again @ this lovely spot on the Golden Strand!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2016

This place reminds me of home due to the trees around the condo, but I have the beach in front of the condos. Pleasant employees and always helpful. They have a tram to take you to the beach if you choose condo that isn't beach front. The place is always clean in and outdoor pools.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank hlndysn
Reviewed 21 March 2016

all condo building privately owned units.apartments are 3.5 star .fully equipped. indoor pool heated . outdoor pool not heated. location is well north of boardwalk and restaurants and bars.we had a family vacation for spring break and found our one bedroom apat. to be clean and beautiful.House keeping towels toilet paper laundry and dishwasher soap etc. where our responsibility. for odds and sods try dollar tree.Closest grocery Food Lion on 17 bus. 1 kms. It was agood vacation but I missed the Multypool spa resort atmosphere of previous holidays.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family