“Hotel Impossible!”

Summer Wind Inn & Suites
Ranked #190 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I normally check TripAdvisor before booking a hotel, but on this occasion I was in a hurry and didn't. Big mistake! Don't be fooled by the website pics.. its nothing like that! For 75 usd per night, I expected more. The hotel itself looks awful from outside, sign looked terrible, the carpets in passage ways filthy and disgusting. No kitchenette in room. Stay away from the laundry room. Just a fridge dumped in the corner. Room was full of grout on floors and in very tiny bathroom. Poor maintenance work through out the room. Noise throughout the night from next door and in the parking lot where there were drunk and loud people. Upon check in, the owners wife wanted to charge me again even though I had already paid through Expedia. She kept asking for me credit card and I refused as I knew it was already paid for. We would have left 10min after arrival but unfortunately I had paid 'for 2 nights already. They also don't give refunds! The only 2 good things was the fact that they had Wi-Fi and the location is near the beach. Very clear the owners don't care about the property as my husband went to speak to the owner and she said, talk to the manager? This was by far my worst hotel experience in USA and we have travelling for 2 months. I would rather be camping than stay here. I suggest they call Anthony Melocchino from hotel impossible to sort them out.

Room Tip: Stay away from all rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisTayorSA

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We checked in, then checked out within around 30 minutes! Most of that time was spent arguing with the staff for a refund because we would NOT be staying there. First off they took forever checking us in because they were too busy chit chatting with one another. We finally got to our room, there is a big crack down the window, and the key card didn't work. My fiancé had to got to the desk for a different card 3 times!! It still didn't work so the maitenance man had to come up to help us get in! We walked in and it was not even all the way clean. The shower curtain was on the floor, there was not even a bar for it to hang on, and it looked dirty. No towels were provided. Nor any toiletries. We booked a room with a kitchen and it did not have any appliances. The staff was did not seem very knowledgeable what so ever and therefore were difficult to deal with. Another man checking in did not have linens or even running water! They got the water turned on and it would not stop running!The location is great. Right on the beach. However I would never stay here. I've stayed in a number of budget inns so I do not have outrageous standards. I do not expect to have something you would see in a five star hotel. However, this was awful. I would NEVER stay here and urge others not to bother with it.

Stayed: March 2017
3  Thank Kara W
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Worst inn, first day we came in. They got us in the wrong room, we supposed to have a King bed with Ocean view, and the lady keep making excusing that it means side view, but even by the side view you cant see the ocean. I double checked our booking, and i confirmed to her that i specifically booked an ocean view room and we said to have it at any highest floor. But everything was full that day, so they cudnt get us the right room. It was a reservation so i dont get why we werent reserve for the right room. The lady from the front promised us that she will get us our right room, the one that we actually paid for. The next day, it was a different person in the front and he had no idea what was going on with our reservation. Made us wait an hour til he figures out what to do. They gave us Double Bed room wit ocean view but all the way in the bottom. We were frustrated because we had our reservation and they said the other rooms are reserved alrdy. Although booking.com says guaranteed reservation, it is not. Not on this place. So i recommend people not to book this hotel, there are same price range hotels out there that wud do you better.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joshua P
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

You start by walking into the office to check in which you are greeted by a sign that says no smoking however the smell says different. Employees are smoking while they clean. Don't expect to have towels until 8 or 9 at night because they will tell you that they only gave one washer machine. They will allow you to check into a dirty that has not been serviced yet. Check in isn't into 3 but sometimes the rooms are not cleaned until 5 or 6. Now for plumbing. The sinks don't drain and if you take a shower for more than 30 seconds you will be standing in water since the bath doesn't drain either. Some of the outlets don't work so you choose between charging your phone and a lamp literally. There are holes in the ceiling where they never fixed leaking damage. I always stay in budget hotels so I never expect a five star experience but for 75 dollars a night I thought that would include toilet paper, which I had to go to the office and request because my room had none upon entering. The location is awesome and literally steps away from the beach and if you're lucky to get one facing the beach is awesome. The staff is nice. The amenities however are condemnable. Parking is ok there are only 4 spots up front but there are more on the side and in the back. They have a large sign that says no refunds for any reason which is a big red flag. If you're going to stay here anyway bring the following: sheets, towels, toilet paper, remote charger, plastic bags to keep your bags in so bugs don't get in, Lysol, shower shoes, all toiletries, and maybe a sleeping bag to sleep on your balcony since that is cleaner and probably safer ❤️

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Quiana C
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Inside the room looks nice and updated, great for the price...view was beautiful...beach wasn't too crowded because the hotels around it are small too...but our hot water didn't work and we had to have it fixed, they had NO way to wash off the sand from the beach, and the elevator was broken...They also had nothing except two plates and one bowl in the kitchen, so there was no way to cook, even though you had a kitchen.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family