“WORST HOTEL EVER”

Summer Wind Inn & Suites
Ranked #190 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 August 2017

When we walked in, I thought it would be great. The floors were sticky, the TVs need to be upgraded, and it took 6 hours to arrive! Do not stay here! Wasted money for nothing! Stayed in 2014 or 2013

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel without wasting your money on a horrible hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Room "non-smoking"(smell cigars)
Cockroaches at the walls and curtains (pic)
AC was dusty (pic)and not working
Unsafe doors(pic)
U got pay 10$ cash for the key room
Hole in the closet (pic)
Bad area
Spent 50$ more and find better places
I left at the spot..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just got married. Our original honeymoon weekend plans fell through due to some unforeseen circumstances, so we thought we would take a quick trip to myrtle beach since it's only an hour and a half away. Needless to say when we arrived we were less than impressed and trying to make the best of the situation thought we would try to make it work. To say the least, we turned in our keys three hours later as we felt to uncomfortable to be in the room, let alone sleep in the beds! When we got to our room is smelled like someone had been chain smoking in it. The walls were gross and seemed almost moldy from moisture in the room. There was sand all over the floor and both beds! The air conditioner was extremely loud. They refused to give us a refund or a different room, so we have thrown $200 in the trash essentially. Worst inn I have ever been to and worst service I have received in a long time. The staff is SUPER rude and didn't care about anything that I said about how disgusting the room was.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor R
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

As a single mom I want to do more with my kids and spending more is not in my book, I picked it for the price but the customer service and the rooms where just wrong rude and the hotel smells, I rather lose the first night I paid for than stay my whole vacation! And on top of that I was with my 4 year old and they made us wait 30 min in the car when it's hot because they won't give me the room before 3 like for goodness sake it's 30 min all the totems I stayed in before did that specially if you have kids.
Glad I found another hotel to stay in but lesson learned never this hotel if it's the last one on earth

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Grace G
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

In room bedspread had stains room was full of moisture on rug and bed front desk staff very rude. When giving a different room celing moisture leaking on 2 bed and floor and rooms had unpleasant odor. Housekeeping supervisor excellent with assist in change of room front desk staff very rude and unproffesional

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda A
Travellers also viewed these Myrtle Beach hotels
4.3 km away
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at ...
#142 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
1.3 km away
Hotel Blue
Hotel Blue
#143 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Summer Wind Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Summer Wind Inn & Suites

Address: 1903 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-4635 (Formerly A Summer Wind Motel)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#103 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Price Range: $69 - $305 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Summer Wind Inn & Suites 2*
Refresh and relax in our pool and hot tub with the tropical warm breeze of the Summer Wind on the oceanfront in world famous Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Our South Ocean Boulevard location provides a laid-back family atmosphere and quick access to all the popular Myrtle Beach attractions. In fact, the Summer Wind is within walking distance of restaurants, fishing pier, miniature golf, Par 3 golf, 18 hole Championship golf, water parks, miniature stockcar race track, shopping malls, and many other attractions. Public transportation comes by the Summer Wind every 20 minutes during the summer months, making access to the entire city, including Broadway at the Beach, a quick and pleasurable experience! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Summer Wind Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
a Summer Wind Hotel Myrtle Beach