“Do not Stay Here ”

Summer Wind Inn & Suites
Ranked #190 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived at our destination, the environment felt very uncomfortable. Their were cops and ambulance outside the front desk office, outside looked very old and ghetto not trying to be out there. But people walking around looked drunk and cracked out, we still kept a positive attitude and walked in. We waited for our turn in line, nothing like the pictures, very dirty and old, ice machine was an old one you scoop yourself , no vending machines nothing at all, as we waited a guest came in and was very rude to me, my son and mother. Telling us where are we from and to go back where we came from "Mexico" because we are not welcome here. We are not illegal Aliens and lived in Silver City, New Mexico are entire life, we currently moved to South Carolina. We were on a family beach vacation. This guest continued to harass us for the next 5 minutes, The front desk clerk did not ask him to leave. We told her we wanted a refund and were very dispointed in the service and our surroundings

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Never in all my travels have I felt this way UNSAFE I wrote the owner an email the first night No response of course - Staff smoking weed police were there the first night of our stay not sure why - Dirt in the Jacuzzi turned into planter is what I was told did not feel safe even parking my car there - so much suspicious activities - loud all night a group of males took over the bottom floor room located on the pool you could tell people would go in the pool look around and leave pool was filthy and the vulgar language and smelling pot all the time was just ridiculous. my husband and I made the best of it the view was nice that was it floors in room dirty never cleaned I can go on but Please avoid.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Burning a couple of hundred bucks on a run down nasty beachside hotel. It's shabby and told it was more $ for the kitchen. Got into the room to find a kitchen with nothing in it but one mug! Thought the place had been stripped! It's an experience on a par with a hotel in the Sinai desert! Bathroom had rotting door frame and door would not shut. Bottom floor view shabby over a dirty balcony and paint peeling fence to pool. Redeeming features are the million $ location on the beach, the Bed was ok and air conditioner wasn't noisey. The photos deceive on the hotel sites and the Ferris wheel tells it all. We checked out and wished we had read Trip Advisor early.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Where do I begin? I walk in to check in the front office smells like 1980, the front desk associate never even made eye contact. The walk to the room was scary, horrible! Walk into the room, ok great view. Look around, WTF!! dented refrigerator looked like it had been brought in from the street. Hot water faucet had a horrible leak making it impossible to get a hot-ish shower. Most electrical outlets didn't work, holes in the wall. Decided to make it work since availability elsewhere was limited. Next morning I go down to the office to report the "leaking" hot water faucet, waited in the office for 5 minutes and no one ever showed up, on my way back to my car I spotted a staff member entering a room to "clean" (boy am I using that term loosely) with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Worst Mistake EVER!!! Dont be bamboozled by the pics of the property like I was!!!

The only saving grace was the view, wonderful beach view.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed with this piece of dump i will never ever recommend anyone to stay here it was like i was in a horror flim it should get shut down its beyond outdated everything seemed damped the shower curtain was dirty holes in walls carpets had a odor Never EVER will i stay at this Motel because its bad

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family