1,786 results
All reviewsamusement parkocean viewolder buildingoceanfront resortlazy riverfamily kingdomfront desk managernorth towerfull kitchenoff seasonspring breakocean blvdwasher and dryerfamily vacationwater parkpoolsjacuzzi
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Westgate owner beware. I've been an owner for Westgate in Orlando for the past 5 years and I've visit many Westgate resorts in the past. Westgate Myrtle Beach is by far the worst of the Westgate chain. I was place in the motel side of the facility where it was worst than Motel 6. The room smelled like a wet dog and the carpet was dirty. The whole room was old and dilapidated. I asked the reception to move to a one bedroom at the tower and they told me the upgrade fee would be $100 per night. I checked Hotel.com for the other resort nearby, for a one bedroom and it was only $50-70 per night. The receptionist further said the price for the update is fixed and not subject for negotiation. It's hard to even consider to purchase extra week from Westgate when their people refused the accommodate us to move to a better room for a more competitive price.

2  Thank WP88889
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We certainly request to hear that you were less than pleased with your recent visit to our resort. We certainly understand the frustrations that you have expressed to us and we apologize for what you have endured thus far. Cleanliness has and will always be a top priority for us and our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each unit is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. Rest assured that the concerns that you have shared with us will be brought to our corporate management’s attention. It is our hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We are owners at Smokey Mountain Westgate but have been displaced since the tragic fire which destroyed nearly 75% of the resort. This was our first trip to MB Westgate and was very pleased.

Even though it was "off season" - the resort was in "peak season" - all amenities were available and everyone was friendly!!

We arrived late and it was raining yet JAMAE, our assigned Concierge, INSISTED on helping us with our luggage and taking us to our room... Very impressed! She was from the area and offered great sights to see and places to eat.

ALEIGHA, at the Concierge Desk was so pleasant and professional... Always had a smile on her face and a "my pleasure" when saying goodbye. She is also a "local" and recommended some great locally owned restaurants that were ahhhhhmazing!!

And....our bartenders Jackie & Gwanza were the icing on our cake!! Professional yet friendly and always glad to see us at the poolside tiki bar or Drafts.

Rooms were "ok"... Furniture not comfortable, baseboard were not in the best condition, ceiling vents needed cleaned, missing glassware, tile floor corners not clean, found a Slim Jim and some coins under loveseat, not enough towels for 4pp...

PARKING - SHORTAGE IS UNREAL!!! Making majority of guests park across the street adjacent to resort is UNACCEPTABLE! We expect more from Westgate as owners.

Westgate - you are ONLY as good as your PEOPLE!! Our overall experience was exceptional. Please ensure staff get recognized where recognition is due.

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK NEXT YEAR!! Hoping to see facility improvement by next October.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to know that you were able to visit our Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. It is such a delight to know that you found our staff to be friendly and that our ideal resort location. Albeit you may have experienced some issues with the cleanliness of your unit, we do hope that they all were addressed with our resort team in a timely manner. Your feedback is very important to us as we are always actively searching for areas to improve for our guests and owners. We truly hope that you get the chance to visit us soon again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

From the minute my boyfriend and I checked in on Saturday night with a gentleman named Chris, our time here has been nothing short of wonderful. The staff is so friendly and anything you need, they’re so eager to help and assist with smiles on their faces. Jackie and London are sweethearts and gave us a late check out free of charge due to our late flight. The rooms are clean and spacious, our view from our balcony was breath taking because we had an ocean and pool view. Everything is at your fingertips when staying here, from the pool bar Coconut Willie’s to Drafts Bar and Restaurant. We enjoyed every bit of our stay here in Myrtle Beach and can’t wait to visit again. We are considering purchasing a time share here because we enjoyed it that much.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for your review. It goes without saying how delighted we are to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed a great vacation with us. We certainly do our best to ensure that our guests are provided with a wonderful time whilst on vacation. We certainly hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Rooms were big and clean but I had a parking lot view which was terriable we came down here to relax and sit on the balcony when I asked if there were any rooms with a better view was told there isn't any the place is not full they treat the exchange guest different I had called and was told I had a room with 2 balconies on the water but instead I got the parking lot won't be staying here again or recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Don't know have a parking lot view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Our ocean view units provide a partial ocean view from the balcony. If you are still in-house, please reach out to our front desk staff to check if a higher level unit is available. We certainly do not intend to inconvenience you in any way. We hope that you have another chance to vacation with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I am an unfortunate timeshare owner with Westgate. My home hotel is in Orlando. We did an exchange for a week in Myrtle Beach. Westgate charged me a 409.00 exchange fee, promised me an Ocean Front room. I drove 1600 miles to vacation here. When I got here to check in was promised first room available since we got here at 10:30AM. Sat here for 6 hours watching people checking in. When I finally got checked in got stuck in a room overlooking an amusement park. As Trip Advisor offers $89 pet night for anyone it is obvious they could care less about people they have bilked thousands of dollars from and gotten stuck in a non-cancelable lifetime contract with continual yearly maintenance fees. They lie out their rear ends calling parking lot views "Ocean Front properties" telling me that only "Local Owners" get Ocean Front Views yet it is obvious that any one off the street can get an Ocean Front View just not owners.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Blackdog69666
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We certainly appreciate you being an owner and surely regret to hear that you were less than pleased with your recent visit to our resort. When arriving prior to 4:00 PM, please be advised that there is no guarantee that your unit will be ready. When booking through a third party, please make sure that your reservation is fully confirmed prior to check in. We work closely with our booking partners to ensure that what you book is provided to you for your stay. While we strive to deliver every guest with an enjoyable experience during their vacation with us, we appear not to have met our goal during your stay. We will surely use your feedback to continue to improve our services. Your comments have been brought to resort management team to improve our services and correct any possible deficiencies that you may have encountered during your stay. Ensuring our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Myrtle Beach.