All reviews instant oatmeal small kitchenette working order enjoyed my stay would stay here again pets mart furniture housekeeper
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Always stay here when we come down here this last time was for a medical emergency of family member. Maybe next time it will be a vacation my son lives here hopully will get to come back soon we will defanatly. Stay there

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Regina, thanks for being a loyal guest and choosing Extended Stay America while here to meet one of your relatives. We are thrilled to know everything went well during your stay and that our offerings were to your satisfaction. Thanks once more for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

I was getting a no smoking room, but it had been smoked in a lot. All my clothes smelled like smoke.The grounds and sidewalks are unkept and very dirty. The guests in and around the hotel in and around the hotel was very rough.This place is a dive.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Daniel, thank you for being our guest and for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the smell of smoke you experienced in your room which compromised your experience. We will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are doing everything possible to minimize the impact on our guests. Thanks again for your staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I got this hotel from a secret Priceline/Hotwire booking. Seeing the reviews, I was concerned, but my stay was good. To be clear, this is a budget motel, so I am rating it as a very good budget motel. (Compare to Super 8, Econolodge, Red Roof). My room was a no smoking room, and there was no sign that pets had stayed there.

On the plus side, it was one of the cheaper properties I could find in the area that had decent reviews on the booking website.

The receptionist was very nice and check in was super fast once the receptionist finished with another customer. (Only one person on duty, and you have to call for arrivals after 11 PM).

The bed was really nice--firm with a soft pillow top comparable to what I would expect to find in another hotel.

The bathroom was very clean with good water pressure.

The decor was fairly up-to-date for a budget property.

There is a small kitchenette, which I didn't need but might be useful. It was a bit worn, but clean.

The AC unit was fairly new, quiet and in working order. Better than a lot of cheaper places I have stayed in.

There was ample parking and many restaurants and shops nearby.

Some things were more mixed or negative:

The room was small with one double bed, as is typical of a motel. Fine for one person.

It was very quiet, except for road noise from the nearby expressway.

Breakfast is very basic with three kinds of coffee, muffins, granola bars, instant oatmeal and instant grits. Limited, but okay for a budget property.

The carpet was stained and the furniture was a bit beat up around the edges. I feel was clean, but some people will be really turned off by that.

The curtain rod was installed at an angle and as a result the curtain kept slipping down so the floor got a bit wet.

The towels are a bit thin, and toiletries provided are only bar soap and shampoo: normal for a budget hotel.

I didn't experience the problems others noted, except for the worn carpet and furniture. Maybe there are more problems when the property is busier.

Bottom line: it was pretty good for a cheap, overnight stay. Could be a good option for people needing a kitchenette and/or traveling with pets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you for reviewing your experience. We are glad to know you were pleased with our affordable prices and had an overall pleasant stay. Also, your comments show we have room for improvements and we will certainly introspect and implement necessary measures in an effort to improve ourselves. We hope to see you again so we can deliver you an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here since July and The staff here make you feel like family... Yes like all hotels all customers may not feel the same way I do but when you stay someplace for a while and really get to know the staff they are laid back people just like the rest of us... I have seen Mrs Sarah and Mrs Kia at there best and at there worst... And by saying that they are the managers here and you have people who stay and act like the adults they are and you have people stay who act stupid they fight argue throw things break things and no matter what the situation is Mrs Sarah and Mrs Kia still act professional and they handle the situation the best way they can... If I ever need a place to stay again wether it be long term or short term I will most definitely stay here again!!! Mrs Sarah and Mrs Kia I appreciate everything that you both have done and I commend you both for having to deal with some of the things that you both have to deal with every day....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and sharing a fabulous review. Our associates are our best asset, and they work hard to create a welcoming experience for all of our guests. We will be sure to share your compliments with Sarah and Kia for doing an excellent job. We look forward to being of your service again whenever you plan to visit this area.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The whole family stayed here for the eclipse and we booked four rooms. The reason we did that is that these were some of the only rooms left in the area. Despite that, it was better than expected. The room design was fantastic and gave plenty of walking space. A full frig, very serviceable kitchen.
Cleanliness could have been better, but in their defense, they were short staffed for the overflow of people, which also meant they were a little short on towels and amenities. Note, no pool. But great location and near plenty of shopping.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Mike, thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We are pleased to know your well-appointed room and our convenient location left you and your family with a great impression of our hotel. Your feedback is of utmost value to us as it will help us to improve. Thanks once more for allowing us to be of service, and we hope to have the pleasure of doing so again on your next trip.