US$116
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Charleston North(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$93
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$93
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

US$169
US$151
Homewood
US$139
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

All reviewswithin walking distancebed was comfortableextended staystaff was very friendlywafflessc
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I checked in on a Monday about 2:30 PM. The young lady (I am sorry I did not get her name but she was a white woman with blackish colored hair), barely looked up from her computer screen and said, "Yes". I explained I wanted to check in and she said, "what is your name". Never a smile, never a hello how may I help you. I have stayed at this hotel probably over 50 times in 10 years and frankly this poorly trained receptionist will not keep me from staying here again. But I certainly want management to know that I judge their property by how well they train and instruct their employees. This lady has the personality of a dried prune. And, shame on management for putting her as the first person their guests get to meet.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Keys S, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know about the kind of response a valued guest like yourself received when checking in to the Quality Inn. There is absolutely no excuse for this and I am so very sorry. She was trained properly and this issue has been addressed.

I would like to let you know that the hotel is in a huge transition period right now as a major renovation will start the first of November....staff and all!! Please give us another chance to show our appreciation for your business in the future.

If you need anything at all or if I can assist you with your travel arrangements, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Willie Hood, GM
Keys M Smith, DOS
843.568.9115 - mobile

Reviewed 25 August 2017

OK, booked here as location seemed great, many nearby attractions, shops, restaurants, easy access to highways, etc. Went by Choice Hotels ratings, this time I should have looked at other sights too! Yikes! Another spot that wasn't prepared for the onslaught of tourists coming for the total eclipse! Or did they know and this is how they operate? I was 4th in line to check in at 3 pm (posted check-in time) and they had just one front desk person. Later a young man came to help with room cards. By this time, the line was out the door to check in. Then entering the room, the A/C wasn't working right (after all summer in Charleston, SC, you can tell....). We reported it, but figured it was Sunday...Monday morning went for breakfast at 8 am..no food to be had. Again, just the one woman behind the desk. We again reported the A/C problem. It was sorta working, so we survived the humid semi-cool night. We went out, shopped, had lunch, sat for the eclipse, came back at 4 pm...A/C cover off the unit, room stuffy and humid...went to the front desk, asked for a new room as 4 pm?? What are the odds it was going to get done? There are a LOT more details, but I will spare you. We got a new room...Sad thing about this all, the people who work there? EXCELLENT!!! I am so sorry they need to put up with having to face the ownership's lack of upkeep and needed $$ to fix it up! Toilet needed 3X to flush...in both rooms. Gave 2 stars versus one because of the people. Parking lot flooded when it poured rendering several prime spots flooded even after it stopped for hours. They need to get it fixed up and fast. The location and people are great.

Room Tip: Choose wisely....
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night on 21st August after the eclipse as it was the only place available. Having stayed in another quality inn previously we we fairly confident that this place would be similar; how wrong we were. The room was filthy, I dread to think what the huge stain on the bedside lampshade was but it had grown a coating of mould. The bed was clean and comfortable but the bathroom was dirty and damaged and the basin not just cracked but smashed. By 8:05am the hotel had run out of almost all breakfast foods, no milk, no butter, no fruit, etc and no matter how many times we asked it was not replenished. The lady on the front desk would not get up from her seat and get anything for the hungry guests. Then to make things even worse we returned, hungry to our room to find that there was no hot water and so we had to leave without a shower or breakfast. Absolutely the worst motel I have ever stayed in. I appreciate the place was full but if a hotel cannot operate when it's at maximum capacity then it isn't fit for purpose and with months of advance warning that the place would be full on eclipse day it is indefensible to not have stocked up on breakfast foods. Avoid this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Suzanne H
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The location is great just about 15 mins to downtown. Other than that, there is nothing going positive for this. Since most hotels were sold out for total solar eclipse I ended up staying here. There is water leakage everywhere around the hotel. The surroundings were just too dirty. There was not much of a breakfast. Who runs out of banana by 8am? Some of the staff were nice and others not so. I would never stay in another choice hotel going forward.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Selvichrista
Reviewed 22 August 2017

First of all, They gave us a non working telephone. We found that out when we tried to called for a wake up call. The tv remote had the batteries upside down. When I asked for a standalone computer to print out our boarding passes, the front desk agent literally yelled at me (like how dare I ask) and then told me that some of the telephones in the rooms are non operable and we just had to deal with it. I wanted to check out right then and there, but my husband wanted to stay until the 11am checkout time. After I told housekeeping that we were still in the room (she was nice), Some guy banged on the door and told us that we had to get out (it was 10:50). Being in the hospitality profession, I was appalled at the extreme rudeness and dishonesty of the staff. That being said, the 1 star was for the comfortable bed. Any motel I ever stayed at, no matter how small, always had a standalone computer for printing boarding passes. Also, they sold drinks for $1, but did not have any diet. My only regret is that I should have stayed at the Motel 6 for more money. Money was not an issue, but it was impossible to get a reservation during the eclipse eve.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a working telephone (don't assume anything) they lie. Stay somewhere else if at all possible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family