“Popular joint and for a good reason”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Good home cooking, varied menu open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with down time between lunch and dinner. Locals and tourists make this a very busy place, and sometimes a hard place to get a seat.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I stopped for lunch. I was alone. Service was very quick and food was even quicker. I got the 1 meat/3 sides/drink special for less than $9. For that I got about 15 small to medium size shrimp, cole slaw, tomato pie, french fries and a drink. I really like their cole slaw, tomato pie, and cornbread. Can't beat the price. I have also had the shrimp sandwich and scallop sandwich. They had many more sides to choose from and about 6 choices for the meat (spaghetti pie, fried chicken, grilled chicken, shrimp are all I can think of right now).

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We decided to have supper at The Shack based on other Tripadvisor reviews. This was a great stop. Our server was helpful and very attentive. She arrived immediately with our drinks and a basket of light, delicious hush puppies and explained items on the menu. My husband chose grilled catfish, cabbage & Lima beans from the daily special and opted for cherry cobbler in place of one of the sides. I decided to have the fried flounder and substituted green beans for the potato. My portion of flounder was more than generous; it was lightly breaded and not at all greasy. The green beans and coleslaw were very good. I ordered the homemade peanut butter pie which was delicious but very rich. Every thing on the menu was very reasonably priced. The Shack has been added to our list of favorite places to dine in the Myrtle Beach area. We will be returning.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome! Great breakfast....the lunch menu is too limited for me...being a vegetarian...but if you are not I'm sure you'll love it.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We slept in the Shack for two days and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. First night we waited for a very long time just to get the sheets and second morning we wake up really early cause we needed to to to bus statition and imagine they clised the bathroom. As it isn't enough that the 6 guests from the room need to share two bathrooms with the guest of the bar and then they close it. What od someone had diharea. Unprofessional. His bar seems to be working good so stick with the bar.