“On the ocean, what's not to love!”

Snooky's Oceanfront
Price range: US$5 - US$70
Description: We are a brand new Oceanfront Restaurant with beautiful views of the ocean and sunset. We have a rooftop bar and dining patio as well as seating right near the sand. Amazing meals, and the freshed seafood you will ever have. Seafood was swimming yesterday and on your plate today brought in fresh several times a week.
Reviewed 15 May 2021

We've eaten at both Snookys locations. The one in Cherry Grove is our favourite. Newer and more seating capacity. And you can't beat the view! Our food has always been delicious, and the wait staff has always been kind and accommodating. We like to go on Fridays for lunch, and just yesterday our waiter, WILLIAM, went over and beyond. (as did the Hostess) The special he suggested was top notch!! In these tmes of short staff, and an over abundance of customers, every dining exerience may not be the same, but they sure do give it their all!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (82)

Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed just up the beach from Snooky’s and went to the restaurant for dinner on Mother’s Day. The hostess was rather rude, which set the tone. They seated us right away at a very, very small table outdoors. The waitress arrived and was miserable. You could tell immediately that she didn’t want to be there. We ordered drinks and an app and left before ordering dinner. I’m sure it was a busy day due to Mother’s Day, but we were there to celebrate as well, and it was far from what we expected. We tried the ceviche and crab cake, which were quite good, so disappointing that the service ruined it.

2  Thank Alliwhiting1
Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

Great view, good view, slow service. The menu has a lot of fresh seafood but took a long time to come out. Fish tacos were good. Server was very slow.

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Yuck! My first time at this location, and won’t be returning. I love Snooky’s in Little Rivers Lobster Roll. It’s made like a lobster salad and fresh and delicious. So I ordered it at this location too. YUCK. It was made like a dip which was heavy on the cream cheese. YUCK. And the Little River Snooky’s has the BEST drinks, but not here. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri and it had very little strawberry taste and I don’t believe there was any liquor in it. Watered down version for sure. Wait staff we had wasn’t great either. All around NOT a good experience. Back to Snooky’s in Little River for me.

Reviewed 4 May 2021

We arrived about 4:15 on a Sunday. There was a 30-45 minute wait for outside seating. They took my phone number and texted about 30 minutes later that our table was ready.

Our server was very polite, but clearly a rookie. He was very unfamiliar with what beer was on tap, but checked it for us. Timing was uneven. My salad came out before our appetizer (not such a big issue), and I was finished my entree before my husband's came out. Possibly the server forgot to put it in, but had to be reminded (we saw him write it down), and he apologized several times for the delay.

The calamari was good--the dipping sauce was really yummy. The side salad was surprisingly full of delicious things, and was big enough to share. My oyster po'boy was absolutely delicious, but, ummm, was supposed to have a sauce, which it didn't. I didn't tell our server since he was already stressed about the other dish. The other dish finally came. The blue crab mac and cheese. It was rich and delicious, but actually a little bit bland. Husband could have added salt, but didn't.

Yes, there were rough spots, but we enjoyed dinner enough that we will likely return while we're in town.

1  Thank Lene T