“Great food!!!”

Midtown Bistro
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Reservations STRONGLY Recommended!! Now Offering COMPLIMENTARY Valet Parking, if you choose. We are located at approximately 20th Avenue South(Crescent Beach section) on business Hwy 17 in North Myrtle Beach in a strip mall, next door to the Forever Weddings Wedding Chapel(Do Not Park at Wedding Chapel) and Lumber Liquidators(Overflow parking available after their business hours). We offer Complimentary Valet Parking!!! We are about 2 miles north of Barefoot Landing. **We have updated our menu, and currently our website is under renovation, so please call for pricing & availability**. Our delicious Prime Rib is ONLY available on Fri & Sat nights, & we do recommend reserving it when you make your reservations!!! Classical Jazz piano by Tony Rosales Wednesday through Monday nights 6-8pm.
Reviewed 9 February 2018

If you love fish this is the place, the owner is also a commercial fisherman the dishes he prepares are exceptional. Also has the best prime rib in town! Waitstaff is always friendly, and the valet parking is also great!

1  Thank d2roadkill
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We went to Midtown Bistro recently for lunch. My husband was craving spaghetti and meat balls. He thoroughly enjoyed his meal and my lasagna was delicious. The portions are generous.
The salads were very fresh on nicely chilled plates. The bread is served warm.
This restaurant has great ambiance and friendly service. The prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank BJW48
Reviewed 28 January 2018

First time dining here and will be back. Excellent service and food. Special delight was the Banana Pepper/Hot Italian Sausage Soup. If you like spice, this is an great choice.

1  Thank nina695
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Always enjoy eating at this local spot and until this week was my favorite. Our recent experience was not something the restaurant could easily avoid and I could not have tactfully handled it without making a scene.

Valet parking is great. However on a cold night, the attendants wanted to warm up inside. The door was constantly held open, allowing a steady stream of cold air into the small restaurant. For this, I find no excuse.

With a reservation, we were seated quickly. As usual, they were very busy and the bar was filled with locals. We were seated to the right a short distance from the bar at a table for two. Just as our food was delivered, a couple adjacent to us greeted arriving friends, apparently not having seen them in a long, long time. The visitors wedged themselves between our table and the people adjacent to us for a long friendly "standing" visit. Only problem was, the visit went on and on while we were eating. Unfortunately, this left the guy's rear end hanging on our table of food. He was unkept and I don't believe had bathed in quite a while. We quietly slid our table down a little, hoping they would notice the intrusiveness. That didn't work. The rest was downhill. The waiter was likely too busy to notice and it would have put him in a predicament to call them out. We did not want to ask to move in the middle of our dinner.

The food was adequate, but not worth the price that evening. Portions are sizable. My husband had Wahoo special and it was okay. I had the Eggplant Parmesan. The sauce was overly sweet. Otherwise, it was well prepared, but cooled quickly with a constant stream of cold air. We did have to remind the waiter for our bread he had promised to bring.

All in all, this was just a bad experience and I cannot blame the restaurant entirely for the situation of an intrusive patron. They should have recognized and corrected the valet situation without being told.

With so many restaurants, we'll be bypassing this one for a while. Considering the price and experience, we'll move on to try something new. An average rating for this visit is overrated, but we have just loved this place in the past and hope it was a one time experience.

3  Thank Noisettiana
Reviewed 24 January 2018

We went with friends for the "Lasagna special" night and we were happily surprised. They are regulars there, and had told us about the very ample portion sizes at the Midtown. The place was crazy busy that evening, but our reservation saved us from a long wait. We were pleasantly greeted and seated in good order. Our server was a tad inexperienced but did his best under the busy circumstances. Our food arrived quickly and was as our friends had described. That said, while I do enjoy cheese in my lasagna, I also enjoy just a bit more meat than was found in this dish. The sauce was delicious, with lots of garlic and tomatoes: clearly made in-house. Because we were seated at a table for eight, we ended up sharing the end of the table with two other patrons. I'm not overfond of this practice, even on a busy night. Luckily, they were very nice folks and we ended the evening on a pleasant note. Recommended, but try to get there on a less busy evening. To note: parking lot is quite small and is a "valet parking" arrangement, which was not the best at such a busy time. We found parking elsewhere and walked up.

2  Thank PKinNB