“Unique, Fun, & Great Food!”
Review of Joe's Bar & Grill

Joe's Bar & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A rustic unique astmosphere,simular to a hunting and fishing lodge you might see in the mountians of upstae New York. Except we are nuzzeled inbetween twisted live oak trees overlooking a beautiful salt tidal marsh. Our three dinning ares plus two bars take full adantage of the view. Both our inside and outside bars feature wood burning fireplaces that set the tone for a comfortable and pleasurable experience!
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent dinner here with longtime friends, each of us selecting something different from the menu. My Shrimp and Grits was very tasty with hints of spices and grits were perfect! Green Bean side a unique and flavorful surprise. No room for dessert tonight, but menu is enticing and we’ll be back for Happy Hour and Dessert on the outdoor deck!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Local’s favorite spot, although not a well kept secret anymore! Something for everyone: steaks, seafood you name it. Joey never disappoints on any dish. The bar outback is a marsh side haven with a raccoon show to boot! You won’t be sorry.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Have gone there many times and always enjoy it. Went for Valentines and it did not disappoint. Seafood medley was awesome. My date had the chicken parm and cleaned her plate. Nice atmosphere. In warmer weather a Happy Hour on the back deck is a great choice with a diverse menu.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Went with friends for HappyHour....only to find out there isn’t one on Fr. Sat. Or Sun.??? We were looking forward to trying their Happy Hour small plates......every other place I can think of in N. Myrtle has Happy Hourn every night......Have dined at Joe’s and food was good....disappointed....we left and went to Thoroughbreds and had a great happy hour.

1  Thank Helena A
Reviewed 8 February 2018

My wife and I were anxious to try this place because of the many glowing reviews it got, and now after having been there, I can understand why the glowing reviews. So let me start first with a number of really good things about this place.

The ambiance is warm and welcoming and the staff augments this with what seemed to be a genuine air of "glad to see you". The interior is somewhat rustic and stayed but not off-putting. The views out the windows were beautiful.

Our server, Jay, was great. He was efficient, accommodating, very pleasant and available when we needed his attention.

I have some dietary restrictions (Saturated fats are not on my personal menu) and was hoping to avail myself of something from the fine list of seafood options on the menu, but everything there had either butter or cream in the description. Jay said that they would be happy to eliminate the butter/cream from any option I might consider. So I ordered the Mahi Mahi special. Very accommodating.

I ordered the seafood chowder and my wife ordered the prime rib along with a salad, and we were happy with our choices.

Up to this point, I'm thinking five star rating, and my wife confirmed this. Our soup and salad were delivered to the table and being famished, we dug in. My wife enjoyed her salad. I liked the chowder as well, but I must say that the term spicy used by Jay does not fully describe the chowder. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. But I love hot peppers, hot sauce, and the like. There would be many who would have been put off by the degree of heat in this chowder.

Our entrees were delivered timely, and they looked great. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her prime rib, and especially the green beans. You just can't get Greek green beans everywhere and we love them. My Mahi Mahi also came with the green beans as well as what was described as rice, but was actually pilaf. I love pilaf and this was a good one. The Mahi Mahi was well prepared if not just a tad over done, and the shrimp and scallops were obviously fresh and cooked just right. If I have a complaint, and I do, it's that eliminating the bearnaise sauce left the shrimp, scallops and Mahi Mahi unseasoned. I tried sprinkling a little salt and pepper but it really didn't do much good. Now don't get me wrong, I can't have the béarnaise sauce and the fish was okay... but absent tarter sauce, or cocktail sauce, or sauteeing the shrimp and scallops in olive oil and garlic, or any other flavor enhancing measure, the dish left something to be desired. Any of the above would have qualified this place for an excellent rating.

The bottom line is that we really like this place, and we will be back. Go there. they will make you happy.