“Excellent meal”

Foolish Frog
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful rustic restaurant nestled on the Lowcountry barrier island, with stunning marsh views, serving local shrimp from the shrimp boats just up the road, beautiful fresh seafood and local produce from Demsey Farm. We pride ourselves in fresh prepared spectacular dishes by our creative chefs. Hardwood smoked barbecue ribs and in-house made wonderful desserts
Reviewed 7 May 2021

The fried green tomatoes were delicious and perfectly cooked. My blackened shrimp taco was excellent and my husband’s mani mani sandwich had a healthy amount of fish. Definitely will have a repeat visit. The view is also pretty.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (770)

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Very mixed bag of food quality. The mussels we had for an appetizer were excellent. My husband had the Cajun pasta and said it was good. I had the yellow fin tuna special and it was dry. The coconut pilaf that came with it did not have any flavor. In addition, the prices are very high.

Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

We have lived here for over 5 yrs. Early on we really liked FF but then the food seemed to diminish in quality and quantity. We returned yesterday after a 2 yr absence. I am very happy to report that the Frog is back. My wife had the U10 scallops and I had the Cajun seafood. Both excellent. The yum yum yaya was superb once again. Service was excellent. Overall the frog is back as one of my favorite restaurants here in the Beaufort area.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank chrisnunnink
Reviewed 25 March 2021 via mobile

This was our first stop and it will be a repeat! Our server, think his name was Andre, was excellent!! The food was delish! We had Local oysters on the half shell, fried green tomatoes, seafood platter, Cajun pasta and dessert. Everything was hot, fresh, and tasty! It was a little on the pricey side but we had no complaints. To all the reviews who are going on and on about mask…I disagree...every employee had a mask on—if I were worried enough to leave a review based solely on a mask, I’d skip eating out. Food & service wise, this place was a win!

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Haven’t been to the Foolish Frog yet but plan to. Have been driving by for years and never stopped. For all the people writing reviews about employees not having masks just think about it for a minute. You have to wear a mask from your car into the restaurant and then you are able to take it off while inside with all the other people. Crazy. Your in the clean air when you have to wear it and you can take it off when your in the restaurant with people all around you not wearing masks. How ludicrous is that.

4  Thank robertlH9784FS