“Best Meal we Had on our Mother's Day Beach weekend”
Review of Foolish Frog

Foolish Frog
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful rustic restaurant nestled on the Lowcountry barrier island, with stunning marsh views, serving local shrimp from the shrimp boats just up the road, beautiful fresh seafood and local produce from Demsey Farm. We pride ourselves in fresh prepared spectacular dishes by our creative chefs. Hardwood smoked barbecue ribs and in-house made wonderful desserts
Reviewed 12 May 2021

We were hesitant to come due to some of the reviews, but our meal was fantastic and the service was great! The hostess seemed a little overwhelmed and she wasn't the best I've seen, but once we were seated, it was all up-hill from there.

The seafood was perfectly cooked, they had some healthful options and the sides were really great!

Apart from the slightly rude hostess, we had a perfect visit. Since the server and food and view were so great, we forgot about her...

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (770)

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

Hostess was rude. Sat us at table . Sat there ten minutes. No service or drinks. Left. They were not busy. I did see a menu and prices were high

Reviewed 7 May 2021

The fried green tomatoes were delicious and perfectly cooked. My blackened shrimp taco was excellent and my husband’s mani mani sandwich had a healthy amount of fish. Definitely will have a repeat visit. The view is also pretty.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Very mixed bag of food quality. The mussels we had for an appetizer were excellent. My husband had the Cajun pasta and said it was good. I had the yellow fin tuna special and it was dry. The coconut pilaf that came with it did not have any flavor. In addition, the prices are very high.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

We have lived here for over 5 yrs. Early on we really liked FF but then the food seemed to diminish in quality and quantity. We returned yesterday after a 2 yr absence. I am very happy to report that the Frog is back. My wife had the U10 scallops and I had the Cajun seafood. Both excellent. The yum yum yaya was superb once again. Service was excellent. Overall the frog is back as one of my favorite restaurants here in the Beaufort area.

Date of visit: April 2021