“Very disappointed in this highly overpriced food”
Review of Foolish Frog

Foolish Frog
Price range: US$18 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful rustic restaurant nestled on the Lowcountry barrier island, with stunning marsh views, serving local shrimp from the shrimp boats just up the road, beautiful fresh seafood and local produce from Demsey Farm. We pride ourselves in fresh prepared spectacular dishes by our creative chefs. Hardwood smoked barbecue ribs and in-house made wonderful desserts
Reviewed 14 May 2021

Staff was friendly. Food was average, but DEFINITELY not worth what they charge. We waited at least 40 minutes for our food once we ordered, and there was only one other group seated inside (a table of 4). There were a few tables with customers outside, but certainly nothing to justify a 40 minute wait for simple orders. They were so not busy that there was no wait time to be seated. I ordered an entree that included 2 sides. I asked the waitress if I could have a side salad as one of my sides, and she said yes. She never mentioned there would be an extra charge, yet I was charged an extra $2 for a measly plate of JUST LETTUCE and dressing. And when I asked her about it on the receipt, she took the receipt and went to ask someone about it and then just came back and said it automatically adds it? So delete it. Comp it. Make up for the fact that you were slow in taking the order once we were ready and that the wait time for the food was absolutely inexcusable. My kids were ready to go to sleep at the table by the time we got our food. Very disappointed in our one night out while visiting the area for USMC graduation.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (767)

Reviewed 12 May 2021

We were hesitant to come due to some of the reviews, but our meal was fantastic and the service was great! The hostess seemed a little overwhelmed and she wasn't the best I've seen, but once we were seated, it was all up-hill from there.

The seafood was perfectly cooked, they had some healthful options and the sides were really great!

Apart from the slightly rude hostess, we had a perfect visit. Since the server and food and view were so great, we forgot about her...

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

Hostess was rude. Sat us at table . Sat there ten minutes. No service or drinks. Left. They were not busy. I did see a menu and prices were high

Reviewed 7 May 2021

The fried green tomatoes were delicious and perfectly cooked. My blackened shrimp taco was excellent and my husband’s mani mani sandwich had a healthy amount of fish. Definitely will have a repeat visit. The view is also pretty.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Very mixed bag of food quality. The mussels we had for an appetizer were excellent. My husband had the Cajun pasta and said it was good. I had the yellow fin tuna special and it was dry. The coconut pilaf that came with it did not have any flavor. In addition, the prices are very high.

Date of visit: March 2021