All reviewsbear huglake jocasseebed and breakfastgreat hostsguest kitchenrelaxing getawayshort drivestayed longerboth morningssouth carolinaspent two nightsa wonderful stayroom was largeclemson universitywe've stayedviews of the mountainssouthern hospitality
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary in December at Three Pines View and it was fantastic. From the gourmet food to the warm and beautiful accommodations I can not imagine a better stay anywhere. The mountain views were as advertised and we thoroughly enjoyed the company of Steve and Diane. Will go again as soon as we can.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We received a gift certificate for one night plus dinner at Three Pines View, and we are hoping this will be our new yearly mini-getaway. The lodge was impressive as we drove up, but the room was even better. We stayed in the "Lofty View" room, though we have heard all of the rooms are great (and cost the same per night). Our room in particular had no shared walls, so we loved that aspect of it. My first impression of the room: Wow, this is SO CLEAN. The furnishings are perfectly matched for a lodge and the bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed the beautiful view of the mountains from our private balcony.

As wonderful and relaxing as our room and surroundings were, the food was even better. Seriously, I would not skip the dinner. Although dinner costs extra (breakfast is included in regular rate), it was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. There is no menu. The chef whips up a meal with whatever they buy at the market and what they have in their garden that day. Our meal included a delicious salad, honey cornbread, Chicken Venetian, fresh veggies, and raspberry cheesecake. It was thrilling (and a little scary) to have no idea what you'd get, but I'm confident that I'll love whatever the chef makes after that meal! My understanding is that they only provide organic foods, and they will try to accommodate specific diets.

Although breakfast is included, I wouldn't necessarily call this a "bed and breakfast" in the traditional sense. All of the rooms have their own separate entrances from either outside or off of the all-seasons porch. So you don't really feel like you're just staying at someone's house, yet it feels just as intimate because there are only 5 rooms total. The owners were very pleasant and hospitable, and even provided me with a couple of their recipes when I asked.

If you want privacy, a view, and a relaxing getaway in an updated yet rustic atmosphere, go here. Even if you just have the food, the trip is worth it!

Room Tip: If you want the maximum amount of privacy, get the Lofty View room. It is also the only room that can accommodate 4 people.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to discover this wonderful intimate inn shortly after opening several years ago. We were married there and make it a point to return at least once a year since it's our top choice in the southeast for a relaxing & recharging getaway.

Innkeepers Diane and Steve couldn 't be more accomodating to their guests every need. Steve's a wonderful chef - breakfasts and dinners are healthy, creative and generous portions. They know everything about the area for that local perspective on the best places to visit, eat and shop.

We love to kayak, hike, bike...anything outside. All are options close by. Our biggest challenge is to pull ourselves away from the roaring fireplace, cozy sofa and a good book to take advantage of the sports & recreation in the area.

We've been to many B&Bs, this one is the tops!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This B&B exceeded our expectations of what a true B&B experience should be. From the time we arrived we were treated warmly by the owners. They were extremely accomodating and helpful. Our room, as well as the entire property, was even better in person than what we expected. The fireplace in the room was a great romantic touch and the private balcony offered amazing mountain views! The food (we experienced breakfast and dinner) was high in both quality and quantity. We enjoyed the central location to the many nearby hiking trails and waterfalls and also quaint shopping towns! We highly recommend this B&B! We will definately be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Captain's Quarters", but all rooms looked equally appealing and unique.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We just moved from Japan back to states, my husband took some leave and we decided to get a B&B for the first time. He called around to different ones and wasn't pleased with any of the people at the other end of the line. He called Three Pines View and made a reservation right away. She offered my husband a military discount, which other places did not. We loved everything about it, the owners, the location, the room, the food; Mr. Hayes is a wonderful cook! They really made you feel right at home. The room is so clean and relaxing, we loved the fire place. The view is beautiful especially at sunset. We highly recommend this place! We will definitely visit again when we are back home.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple