“Mega Burrito Challenge”

Papas and Beer
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

We just moved here from Nevada. We thought SC was going to lack good Mexican food. We were wrong. This place is great. $3 32 oz drafts at Happy Hour. The spinach mushroom chicken dish is incredible. My son tried the Mega Burrito challenge. There's no way one person could eat this. It was filled with tons of chicken and steak. We might order it for a group meal.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

We did a carry out order on Sunday. The restaurant (original small one) was not crowded but several parties arrived while we waited for the order to complete.'

Three of our party had Warm Fajita Salad, and the fourth had actual fajitas. All was good. The steak in the salad was very plentiful.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

I have found my dining experience there to be OK to mediocre. Recently I brought a guest there for lunch. It was his 1st visit. He ordered a fajita burrito (a combination chicken/steak) and after his second bite somewhat embarrassed he pushed the dish away. I asked him, "Everything OK?" "No, he replied, the steak has a funny taste and texture." We called the server over to let her (Christina) know our dissatisfaction with the meal. Another server who I really like a lot started boxing the ill tasting lunch to go. I mentioned my friend did not like or eat it, so why would he be taking this home. We were then advised, either we pay for it or the server would have to pay for that lunch. ARE YOU JOKING I ASKED? What kind of customer service is this? To which the reply was WE don't set the restaurant policy. I then asked to speak to the manager/overseer who then proceeded to charge my friend for 1/2 of his crappy meal. Pappas n Beer IS EXTREMEMLY inconsistent . One day the salsa bar is incredible and the next day it can be filled with watered down salsa's obviously meant to stretch it through the day. Meats are always cooked ahead of time and then rewarmed when added to your meal.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

The new restaurant is fabulous with plenty of parking, big helpings of outstanding Mexican food, great atmosphere, and excellent friendly service. Highly recommended

1  Thank williamF2413IX
Reviewed 15 August 2015

My wife and I eat there regularly. We love it. She usually eats avocado tacos and I have the fajitas. Awesome food, good cold beer, and reasonable prices.