“Best in town”

Tequila's
Ranked #22 of 127 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I came for just a quesadilla but I received that and chips and salsa so I was very happy with that.the quesadilla was very tasty would recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

The only reason I gave 1 star is because there aren't any negative stars. If you enjoy authentic Mexican food,or Jack in the Box, for that matter, don't eat here! My second try b/c my southern family comes here. Last visit I had the poblanos. The were small, tasteless and covered in some yellow cheese that was cold. The Waiter was inattentive and so surprise that I sent my plate back. I told him in Spanish that the food was cold and tasteless. Of course they took the meal off my bill. The son had some goopy chicken and cheese mess. Never again!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

They bring out chips with both hot and mils salsa, which was nice. We usually have to ask for mild for my son, whose "heat tolerance" is getting better but he still prefers the mild.
The menu is huge so it took some time to find something. There are a lot of interesting dishes!
I got the Chile Poblanos, which is two poblanos stuffed with chicken or beef, battered, fried and covered with a red sauce and cheese. I have had these at other places and have never had them smothered in cheese, but I liked it! The beef was very flavorless but overall it was decent. The refried beans were better than most places, very flavorful.
My son ordered Chili Verde, chunks of pork in a green sauce. We did not realize that the green sauce was mostly chili peppers, so this dish was simply too hot for him to eat. So, we switched plate. I found it very delicious, but I like spicy food. And I can say it was very spicy! I did mention that it was too hot when asked, and the guy just said "everyone knows if it is chili verde it is hot." We did not know obviously! I would recommend that when a younger person orders a very hot dish, they mention something. Perhaps like "that is a very spicy dish, are you okay with that?" Or, even better, in the description on the menu, why not just say, simmered in a spicy green sauce?
The service was very good.
So, it was a mixed experience. I liked his dish, he ate mine, but wasn't loving it. I am not sure if we will be back. There are just so many good Mexican places in this area.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We have lived in the Simpsonville area for six years and eaten at all of the Mexican restaurants. Tequilas is the best because of the food quality/flavor, good value and excellent service. The waiters don't walk at a normal pace. They are almost running.

We now only eat at Tequilas when having Mexican food.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

I am a fajita lover, and Tequila's has the best fajitas around! They are also so friendly and helpful. My favorite!