“Great find with great food ”
Review of Skillet Restaurant

Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 348 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Best breakfast food I’ve had in a while. Blueberry pancakes cooked perfectly. Oatmeal was great. Service was impeccable. Expect a wait but trust me it’s worth it. If you’re in the area don’t miss out on this hidden gem.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This restaurant can be busy but rarely a long wait. Breakfast is our favorite there. Great service, great food, and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I came to skillet mainly because most of the other breakfast places in the area don't open until 8am, which I found to be odd, but Skillet opens at 6am, so it's definitely the spot to go before you have to start your workday.
When you come in, find you a place to sit on your own, and take a look at the menu. It's definitely an efficiency style place. I ordered the redneck, which is 2 english muffins topped with corned beef hash and poached eggs. It was hot, and delicious, and very filling. Service was great. I'd definitely come back again.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Service is quick though the food is average and the space quite small. The wait staff is not particularly friendly or attentive. They want you in, eat, pay and get out.

You have to pay attention for an empty table or someone may just jump in front of you to get it.

We saw a customer accidentally spill a full glass of tea for the spill to sit on the floor for almost 15 minutes before someone bothered to clean it up. Other customers tried to bring it to someone’s attention to which a staff person replied, “We see it! We’ll get to it when we can.”

If you want quick fast diner food this is your place. If your looking for atmosphere and great service consider somewhere else. Spartanburg has a lot of options.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I checked out the Skillet on a Sunday morning around 9:30. We waited about 10 minutes. Order the blueberry pancakes and my wife odered a #1 breakfast special. Real good service, quick, well cooked. The blueberry pancakes were great, highly recommend them. My wife said the sausage and gravy was just ok.
But over all, this is a great place for breakfast and we will return.
Good staff, cooks and managed well.
Small, sits about 40.