“Wonderful Atmosphere & Dinner”

The Icehouse Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 276 Restaurants in Summerville
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was such a great surprise! From the outside, I wasn’t sure that the food could be *that* good. I was wrong, and I’m so glad! It’s an old building packed to the brim with character, and we had the best experience. There was live music played by some wonderful guys! (The guys were GREAT to our kiddos, as we sat right in front of them.)

Our group had a variety of foods, but let me tell you the pimento cheese is BOMB! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Just get the pimento cheese. Best I’ve ever had! We also had she crab soup (also delish!), Cajun pasta, a burger, shrimp and grits (which I was told was “amazing”), and a chef salad. The kids had chicken tenders and grilled shrimp. Our picky eater with the chicken tenders kept saying how good the tenders were. High praise from that one!

The entire experience - atmosphere, service, and food - was simply top notch. We will be back again and again when in town!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Website said it was Blue's night. Got there and was told they don't do that anymore. So no music. Food was ok but sorry, nothing to brag about. Had good service from our waitress.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a large family (14) to accommodate and they seated us in the bar which was a Little noisy but lots of fun—pork rinds on the table Light and crispy and not greasy—would definitely return and try the southern vegetable plate—

Reviewed 25 March 2018

If you only have time to eat at one restaurant in Summerville----go to the Icehouse. The inside wows me. They have kept the inside as true to form as possible. It's very cozy inside. The bar is nicely laid out and they also have an outdoor patio and bar. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. I've eaten a few times there for lunch--try something off their specials menu. You won't go wrong. Don't forget to stop upstairs for a drink. It's really unique. I'm not going to describe it, you"ll just have to go and see for youself.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My wife and I had lunch here today. We were impressed by the vintage decor and beautiful fireplace in the lower room, where we sat. We were greeted by a pleasant server named Chassie. The menu had a variety of wonderful appetizers.
We ordered fried pickles, pimento cheese with chips, seafood bowl, and steak bites.
There were so many wonderful choices on this menu to choose from. Being lighter lunch eaters we opted for just the appetizers.
The seafood bowl consisted of shrimp,crawfish and calamari strips. We had the option of fried or broiled. We chose broiled.
It was fabulous, cooked to perfection, very fresh and made in a kitchen that knows what good food is.
The steak bites were served cooked perfectly as I ordered (med) with blue cheese dip and steak sauce. This steak was the BEST tasting meat we’ve had since living in Summerville. So tender, tasty and delicious.
Being New England transplants in SC we ordered the fried pickles, and pimento cheese dip. The pickles were fried perfectly in a lite batter, not greasy or oily, they were a great new taste to our palate and the pimento dip and chips were superb.
Chassie was very attentive to us and we expressed our pleasure to her about this wonderful food. She told us that The Icehouse just got voted the BEST Restaurant in Summerville. We certainly will back up that vote.We definitely will be back to try dinner at the Icehouse.
A wonderful experience!