“Excellent Buffet-Lunch TIme”
Review of Olde House Cafe

Olde House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: American
Description: Been there for years, very good home cooking. Open for B/L/D.
Description: Been there for years, very good home cooking. Open for B/L/D.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great selection of salads, meats and sides. Waitress came to my table to tell me that more chicken had just been added to the buffet. All food was tasty. Salad bar had lots of choices--not just lettuce and cheese. Busy place, but we didn't have to wait. Easy access off the expressway. You can order off the menu if you'd like too. Buffet is very reasonably priced though.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

No frills here, but who cares! The food is great and the service is wonderful. We were driving on I-95 and were looking for some fast food restaurant when we accidentally pulled in their parking lot. We noticed how full the lot was and decided that was a good enough sign for us to take a bit longer for lunch. We had the buffet, which wasn't the biggest, but it made up in quality. The salad in the salad bar is shredded iceberg, but get over it, they had carrots & raisin salad! Excellent mac & cheese, stuffing, cornbread, and carrot cake. The ribs were good for a buffet, as was the fried chicken. The true star was this dessert that had vanilla pudding, caramel and pie crust. I cannot adequately convey how delicious it was. Definitely worth the extra time.

1  Thank SD_DanB
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

If you're in the Waterboro, S C area this is the place to eat for real, down home Southern cooking. My wife and I , while heading back to Florida, stopped here for dinner . She had the buffet and salad bar and I had w of the most delicious, huge pork chops
With a baked potato and salad. What a great culinary experience!. Nah, just great service and fantastic food. !!!

2  Thank _ssroy1
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We ate at the Olde House Cafe for the first time during a recent family trip. As its name states, the cafe is in an old house, and it has a lot of charm with the hardwood floors and the wall hangings.

Our servers and hosts were friendly and attentive. The drink orders were taken quickly and followed by the breakfast. I selected the Western omelette with potatoes and biscuit along with a small orange juice. Another member of our party had the Logger's Special which includes potatoes, several sausages and biscuit. My omelette was really good, however be prepared for a lot of melted cheese.

There is a buffet available for lunch. I heard mixed reviews about the buffet. Tip: Ask to sit in the table for four that is near the window alcove.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Unpretentious restaurant with a good menu, good prices, and good food. Service was very good, too. I had the scallops dinner which was a larger portion than I expected, perfectly seasoned and cooked. My husband had the pork chops, also delicious and juicy. The hush puppies were little bites of heaven. The salad bar has a very limited selection of ingredients, but what they had was fresh and good. We could understand why it seems to be a favorite with the locals!