“Something Different”
Review of Good Life Cafe

Good Life Cafe
Ranked #40 of 147 Restaurants in West Columbia
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Good Life Cafe is one of the only organic, raw, vegan restaurants in Columbia, SC. Our executive chef, Sharon Wright, has been preparing natural, wholesome, nutritious and delicious meals, juices and smoothies for 20 years now! The menu is merely a virtual world tour consisting of American, Italian, Indian, Thai and Mexican gourmet cuisines.
Reviewed 3 September 2015

My girlfriends and I choose a different place each month to meet for lunch. It was recently my turn to choose and I chose Good Life Cafe on Main Street, Columbia. I had gone to Good Life with my daughter so I was prepared for the dishes. I urged my friends to check the menu on line because vegan is a totally new concept to some of them. Although there were some puzzled looks when they realized nothing was cooked, there was no meat or dairy, and this was a really different eating experience, I was so pleased (relieved) when, after lunch, they all declared they loved it. I had tacos, a couple of friends ordered arugula salads, one had a taco salad. All were equally delicious. The kale salad is inspirational-the last time I had it, I came home and researched how to massage kale for a salad! The waitress noticed that there were birthday cards on the table for two friends and, after the meal, she brought complimentary desserts to share! If you want something fresh, something good for you, and something yummy, I urge you to try Good Life Cafe.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

We were there today. It was towards the end of Soda City so they only had a handful of tables filled, yet had about 4-5 employees wandering around. We walked in, stood for awhile, and then a guy walked by and said sit anywhere. We weren't given menus, so we found what turned out to be take-out menus. After about 5 minutes we were given water. After 15 minutes, we were approached by someone that said she would take the order "for our server." We're still not sure what server that was supposed to be. It was a confusing process to order because she told us we had the wrong menus (could she have given us the right menus?). My wife ordered a mimosa, and we ordered food. She really wanted that mimosa, but we waited and waited, and it never came. A couple people passed by and asked if we had ordered. We said we had, and could not get another syllable out before they were gone, or we would have inquired about the missing mimosa. The only thing good is that we got water refilled after taking a couple sips. Finally we cut our losses and left. As we walked out, we noticed that the number of customers nearly equalled the number of wandering employees. The food could have been excellent. Who knows?

1  Thank aaronwest
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I will admit I am not vegan...I love meat, cheese, eggs, etc. But I gave Good Life Café a shot and immediately fell in love! I love to eat healthy and Good Life Café is a menu full of healthy foods. The tacos were my first meal and they were amazing. Everything I have tried so far has been delicious!

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We were traveling from Kentucky to Folly Beach and wanted to eat some really healthy food. We searched online and were lead to The Good Life Cafe in Columbia, South Carolina by the excellent reviews. This is fresh food at its best. Raw, vegan and so flavorful. We shared a combination plate of tacos, burritos and a hummus wrap with a choice of three sides. We enjoyed every bite, especially the delicious kale salad! Fresh squeezed orange juice and organic coffee. What more could you ask for? Oh yes - great service. Our server (wish we had asked for her name) was a student from New Jersey and she made the experience even more special. We are planning to stop in again on our trip home. It was that good!

Reviewed 16 October 2014

I had the tofu scramble with soy sage and biscuit. Then my carnivore friends joined me, so I told them I hadn't eaten yet, then I ordered the waffle. Thank you nice waitress for playing along. I came back later and ordered a salad to go. SOOOO GOOOD! I would have died in that meat eating town without this place.