“Amazing Steakhouse”

Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant. Best steak I've had on our 3 week road trip and I ate lots of steaks. The whole meal was wonderful, service excellent and the restaurant felt as if we stepped back in time. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The restaurant was visually nice; the sirloin was excellent; salad was OK. A little pricey but we were glad to have some more local beef.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Mitchell. One of my friends uncles was Louie. This place was the best place in town, not cheap, but the best. Came back to town now 50 years later and decided to live it up and spend the money. Big mistake , had a NY strip that was cooked to perfection for me, and pretty tasty, but very tough. Im not one to complain, but my wife did. Their answer is to eat it and take 25% off the bill. Why they thought I would even want to eat it is beyond me. I suggest you just go to McDonalds, at least you get what you pay for! David Kiner HS class of 1961

1  Thank 507evad
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Mitchell SD, took a chance on Chef Louie's Steak House. When we walked in, I thought wow I am under dressed for this place and it will be expensive. I was surprised by how comfortable I felt in my travel clothes. They had very reasonably priced and the food and people were wonderful!!

2  Thank 210lauriew
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We were in Mitchell for just one night. Stayed at the Hampton. We were looking for some place close by for dinner. We saw the reviews for Chef Louie and decided it was close and had some good reviews. We were greeted just inside by a friendly young man. Seated right away as they were not particularly busy (no reservation-mid week). Decor was supper club like and quite nice. Our server came right away to welcome us and ask about drink orders. Well, what a nice surprise. We ordered the house cab for just $5. Large glass and generous pour. I'm no wine snob and found the house cab to be quite good. I ordered the 6oz filet and my wife had the steak salad. My filet came with two sides (I had veggie and house salad). Both meals were very good. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about menu items. This restaurant was a nice find on what can often be a hit-or-miss proposition when traveling. Looks unassuming, but worth your time in Mitchell. One more comment. A few have suggested this place was somewhat expensive. I found all pricing to be quite reasonable (my filet $22.95). Other steaks and seafood entree's a bit more but still nothing out of line.

2  Thank Sawyer9813